Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are car drivers better or worse than they used to be? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Are car drivers better or worse than they used to be?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are car drivers better or worse than they used to be?

There are currently more cars on the road in the UK than there have ever been, but does that mean the standard of driving has improved or declined? Vote in the poll, and don't forget to let us know your thoughts and experiences with the best and worst drivers. The best comments will be published in MCN.   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 09:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
daj39

Nov 09

daj39 says:

Everyday issues

Just this morning on my commute (only 6 Miles just enjoy getting on the bike). A women in a fiat 500 drives right around the round about (cutting in front of me) no indication what so ever. Then drives down the road at 20 mph I was going to overtake when a warning flashed up in my head and stopped me from doing it.just as well because at that moment with no warning darts across to the opposite side of the road to park no indication again. Then she looks dumbfound when she hears my horn. 2 miles later on a blind bend a lorry overtaking a cyclist is on my side of the road and yet again I am in the wrong for beeping my horn and swerving out of the way.And that is on 1 day and over 6 miles travelled.On your next ride out just keep a mental note of how many car/van/lorry drivers are on the phone etc.,you will be amazed at the number .

Reply to this Topic
des077

Mar 10

des077 says:

The standard of driving on the roads is worse than ever with many drivers having no lane discipline, not using mirrors and for some reason seem to think that indicators are an optional extra.  I think to many driver aids and more lower speed limits create a lack of attention and safety features like airbags mean it not so scary to crash.

Then some drivers try to knock you of your bike or make it difficult to overtake by accelerating and moving to the middle of the road pushing you further out, and take great offence by you filtering past them even in the rain when there sat with there heaters on.

Reply to this Topic
underpants

Jun 07

underpants says:

Bad car drivers!!!!

There are more vehicles using the roads full-stop and it is more and more the case that everyone needs to drive, so people who may not enjoy driving or even want to drive do so because they have to in order to get to work or wherever. No-one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Therefore motorcyclists, like myself (I ride a Street Triple and a Bonnie T140), have to ride in a way that anticipates and allows for less than perfect driving. It's called "defensive riding" if you don't know what I'm talking about. So, when I see the idiotic way most motorcyclists ride these days it doesn't surprise me in the least that many of them are involved in accidents. I have been riding bikes for over 30 years (I am also a Driving Instructor) and I have become soooo bored over the years with the attitude of bikers who ALWAYS blame the car driver. If, as so many motorcyclists do, you ignore speed limits and ride at 80, 90, 100 mph or more on our crowded roads, overtake lines of vehicles, overtake BETWEEN lines of vehicles, race each other, and generally think the rules don't apply to you, you are going to get hurt or hurt someone else. Take responsibility for your riding and be safe - automatically blaming car drivers doesn't help in the least.

Reply to this Topic
underpants

Jun 07

underpants says:

MCN survery

So, yes, I agree with vetoevo - it would be refreshing to see a MCN survey about whether Motorcyclists are better or worse than they used to be. Your prejudicial attitude does nothing to improve the safety of motorcyling.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices