Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged?

MotoGP and WSB are now owned by the same company, and althought WSB is a production-based class historically cheaper that MotoGP, Biaggi used 28 engines throughout 2011. Some of the top factory WSB bikes are more powerful and have many more trick parts on them than their CRT cousins. Vote in the poll below and don't forget to post a comment. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 10:51)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

hmmmm

:tongue:all i can say is ive watched of the best world superbike races live and seen a brit dominate for many years,i cant see anything in this ear now coming close to that procession, although i want to see it again, crt's are a stab in the back to world supers if you ask me,just restrict the gp bike more or one engine per manufacturer ect dont take the life out of a good series.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

hell no

good god i hope not, i want them to be completely separate. If one week Motogp was watch-the-paint-dry quality then the next weekends WSBK hopefully can make up for it.

More weekends of bike racing? yes please why not

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

There was once a thing when MotoGP went from 990 to 800 WSBK gained popularity.

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Should MotoGP and WSB be merged?

At time of writing 26% say YES

HAHAHAHA :lol:

Are these the same voters that thought putting Cameron and Clegg together was a good idea??????????

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

be careful what you wish for..

If the two classes were merged, the strongest teams would procure the services of Stoner and Lorenzo and proceed to dominate the new class.

None of Biaggi, Checa, Haslam, Melandri and co could hold a candle to them in motogp and they wouldn't suddenly start in son of WSB!

My other point is that the two classes are supposed to be different.  Motogp is about the development and racing of "one-off" prototypes.  Its purpose is not actually to produce identical laptimes as it is a development race.  WSB exists (and the rules are regularly tinkered with) to showcase road bikes through a competitive and (relatively) cheap race series.

Until recently, numpties complained that F1 should be more like touring cars, as the latter produced "closer racing".  It is only with the advent of more competitive teams (and similarly high levels of reliability across the top teams) that the racing has become so competitive.  Such a transition is hard to see with motogp as there are not sufficient resources across motorcycle manfuacturers and selling the rights to races.  Even so, it is pretty much as competitive as its ever been.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

NO!

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

No. But I wouldn't mind Motogp swapping to a two race format like WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
triskellion

Mar 09

triskellion says:

F1 became the most boring form of motorsport from the late 1990's, I was one of its most avid fans even getting up to watch the Australian rounds at silly o,clock in the morning. I havnt watched an F1 race in at least 10 years now. Moto GP is becoming as boring which is worrying, small grids, very little close racing, few characters particularly now Marco is gone, something has to be done to make things better. WSB in the Foggy years was the most exciting bike racing I have ever seen, 4 abreast sliding sideways into every corner, the 500's era with Doohan, Roberts,  Rainey, Schwantz et al were also as exciting. We need to get rid of  things like traction control and all other rider aids and try and make racing as financially accessible at the top level to as many riders as possible   

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

flattracker - at last, a voice of reason!  triskellion - you've obviously missed all of the 2010 and 2011 F1 racing which was brilliant (and 2012 has started in a similar vein, i suggest you tune in again ASAP!), and haven't you noticed the changes in MotoGP for this season i.e. biggest grid since 2005?  elbowz - by what measure did WSBK become more 'popular' than MotoGP in 2007?

if anyone thinks that the model for WSBK going forward is for a spanish reject MotoGP rider on an obsolete Ducati being the class of the field is the way forward, good luck to you.  some folks adopt the premise that everything is wrong with MotoGP and WSBK is doing fine as it is - well that's a head-in-the-sand mentality that refuses to accept that WSBK has to change as well as MotoGP.  i hope Bridgepoint decide that after almost 25 years of both series co-existing, there is no reason why that can't continue.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Bridgepoint

Doesn't European law prohibits the merger of both series under one owner? I could be wrong, but if not then this poll and discussion is relatively pointless.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle