Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged? World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should MotoGP and WSB be merged?

MotoGP and WSB are now owned by the same company, and althought WSB is a production-based class historically cheaper that MotoGP, Biaggi used 28 engines throughout 2011. Some of the top factory WSB bikes are more powerful and have many more trick parts on them than their CRT cousins. Vote in the poll below and don't forget to post a comment. The...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 10:51)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninja6Rmarc

Apr 12

ninja6Rmarc says:

I don't think they should merge full time but what about something like the old transatlantic trophy where the top riders in wsb and motogp race at a few circuits around the world i think that would be interesting.

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

still around 75% no..

In my humble opinion i think CRT will be the standard regs in Motogp within the next 4-5 seasons.. costs are crazy high and sponsorship just isnt there to cover the growing void. We saw 'test1' with Moto2.. now Moto3 goes one stage farther without the one make engine.. expect moto2 to follow suit once the honda contract runs out... then MotoGP will all end up CRT, the chassis builders also then have a viable business gaining operating leverage across a broader portfolio providing for all 3 classes plus similar domestic classes... at that point its tricky to see the validity with WSBK and MotoGP both running in that form - Queue WSBK following a BSB type rules and regs.. they have to 'limit' their field to 32 bikes for safety... no mention of desperate attempts to grow their field.. do you ensure homologation numbers are kept to true produciton voilume ie 1000-2000 units.. or at 200 units do you see a return of the super exotica type bikes for the road aka OWO1/RC30/45/R7 etc... but obviously modern versions!

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Once the current recession isover then I reckon CRT's will be a thing of the past, some of the rules may be kept but they will never be competitive and as there will always be F1 there will always be room for a pinnacle at the top of motorcycle racing. I think BMW wont be able to resist going to MotoGP at some point. Suzuki will be back as well. If MV ever gets economically sorted then they will also be back at some point. The rules may change but I think it will still be prototype based.

As for WSB, the fact that Checa is doing well having been in MotoGP, what is wrong with that, it occurs in all areas of motorsport. F1 drivers go to cart and Nascar and visa versa, retired drivers come back, some go and race trucks or saloon cars. Perhaps they should exclude experienced riders eh? Amd seeing as Edwards is the only one who has dome well from WSB in MotoGP, miight as well exculde that possibility as well. I thought it was a relatively free market and therfore teams could decide who they wanted. As for the 1198 being obsoltet. the Jap bikes have mostly not had substantial upgrades for several years either. Has the blade changed radically in the last few years nope. Close racing is the real interest and often it is.

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

Never

Moto GP and WSB should never merge, I agree that CRT bikes won't continue but it would be nice if the factory and customer bikes were closer in performance like in the 2 stroke days with the West Pons honda being as quick as Vale's and the repsols, and  Mccoys Yamaha being as quick as the Marlboro's. its getting close with Cal's Yamaha but the Hondas are well off the Gresini of Bautista is on Showa suspension after Simoncelli was on Ohlins last season.

BMW will definately go to GP and could even replace Ducati. Ducati have the problem that their Desmo Chain driven valves have been bettered by Pneumatic Valves, and frame/handling wise it has always been a dog. Stoner just was hungry and made it look good. Vale clearly is like F*"K it, i'm not risking my life.

And the best Superbike rider to go to GP is Nicky Hayden, yes it went from AMA but he has won races and a World Championship!. Colin has been most consistent but could be down to being on the best bikes. apart from the Aprilia! Honda V5 then the Rossi Yamaha, Lucky man.

if they want to combine Dumb down the WSB bikes and replace Moto 2 but that would make cornering slower and teach the wrong style, or make the WSB bikes the CRT replacement, and run 2 championships on the same track. although Rossi prob wouldnt like Checa's WSB bike being quicker than his Desmosdonkey.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices