Skip to content

Discuss This What's your best Honda CBR600 story? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What's your best Honda CBR600 story?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

What's your best Honda CBR600 story?

Honda's often humble yet frequently fantastic CBR600 has a birthday coming up, and to celebrate we'd like to swap a few stories. Honda CBR600s for sale.  Not just the big stuff about its exploits on the world stage, but the everyday and personal stories the CBR600's been at the centre of for you – and which help explain why it's a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 11:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

cbr 600

I bought an 89 model in red and black in 91 it was as new and genuinely one of the few bikes that lived up to the hype.I  had owned loads of honda fours cb500f cb750f1 cb900f big kawasakis gpz750 z1000j etc and this killed the lot of them,i could not believe how fast it was at the time for a 600 and the braking and handling were amazing at the time,consequently i rode it like a complete twat,all the time,got a couple of hefty fines and escaped a ban by the skin of my teeth as i needed a  license for my job.Sadly the thought of loss of license and job made me sell it.Ihave had loads of bikes since,ducatis jap stuss and triumphs of late they have all been great bikes but none had the lot like that red and black cbr.

Reply to this Topic
angusfosterhall

Dec 10

'98 CBR600F

Bought this bike just over a year ago, 35000 miles £900. 33bhp restricted, fitted them myself, and removed about 2 months after. She'd spend the past few years living in a ditch, fairings held on with duct tape, cable ties, stickers, rust patches, the works. Patched it up as best I could (student budget...), all the bike anyone would ever need. She would hack, tour, race (off road at one point, unintentionally...), wheelie, pick up girls, anything I could throw at her. She's seen off 20000 miles since I bought her, two winters, countless snowfalls, f*ckton of road salt, odd drops, slides, scrapes, everything, and still running sweet as ten years ago. Only changes I have made are a new cam chain tensioner, top box, new tyres, chain and sprockets, and a shed load of cable ties. Learnt everything I need to know about bikes by taking her apart and re-assembling, and generally messing around. Riding position was brilliant - I'm 6'2" and made London and back with nothing but the odd fuel stop. If you're looking for an all rounder, buy one. Seen off R6s, Ferraris, Porches, a Blackbird, keeps up with the best. And will shrug off winter like a tank. In short: when she finally dies, I'll buy another one.

Reply to this Topic
masterdave

Mar 10

masterdave says:

once crashed my 87 model into the back of a lorry due to having a very fat girl on the back and this having a massively negative effect on the brakes lol!

Reply to this Topic
ru57y

Apr 12

ru57y says:

'06 CBR600RR

Went to the Netherlands with the other half, on my '06 600rr.

New years eve 2009-2010.

It snowed, rained, we crashed, got frostbite and hypothermia, rode through snow, rain, hail, ice, Holland, Belgium, France, all the way from Breda NL to Malvern (worcestershire).

Average temperature, when going along was -25!

I'm not too sure about doing it again, but if I could ride my 600rr (which I still love to bits with it's 31,500 miles on it) through all that, 2 up through extremely hostile conditions, bits hanging on with electrical tape thanks to an ice sheet in Eeklo (belgium) with absolutely no drop in performance - Honda have created something beautiful.

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

I bet that isn't what you told her Dave ;)

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Hedge

Many years ago I was sitting with a couple of friends on our bikes in the village where I live.

Some strange bloke came up to us on a newish CBR600 and asked us if anyone would like a race down a local notorious country road so I accepted.

I was on my old X7 having recently crashed my 350powervalve.

I immediately left the bloke behind and he gradually disappeared out of my mirrors. When I reached the end of the road and waited a few minutes he didn't turn up so I retraced my steps and found the dope trying to drag his CBR out of a field.

Being the kind person I am I helped him get his bike back on the road and as it wasn't too badly damaged he rode off in embarassment and was never seen again.

The moral of the story is the old CBR600s were ugly and crap and should never be raced against a classic sportsbike like the X7.

Reply to this Topic
tractorboybig

Nov 10

the scrap yard,

best place for all of them.

Reply to this Topic
tractorboybig

Nov 10

the scrap yard,

best place for all of them.

Reply to this Topic
navsarrami

Oct 11

navsarrami says:

Great middlewieght for a great number of years

My first sports bike was a CBR 600 F; after much saving of coins I picked my pride and Joy in red/blue livery on Sat 2nd of May 1998.
I remember it well as it was May bank holiday and I was starting my first job at Leeds General infirmary on the Tuesday.
Sunday 3rd was my first ride out, whereby a black BMW 3 series pulled out of a side road and wiped me+it out. I remember seeing the oil/break fluid/petrol slowly leaking out of its bent frame and I knew she was dead.
The ambulance drivers found it hilarious they were giving me a lift to work! And that’s how I started my first hospital job. Dr. On crutches. Beat that!

Reply to this Topic
angusfosterhall

Dec 10

'98 CBR600F

Picked it up from London, rode it home 170 miles down M40 in pissing rain, de-restricted, having been riding a 125 for the past few months, on a 9psi front tyre...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices