Skip to content

Discuss This BMW records best ever first quarter sales New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > BMW records best ever first quarter sales

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW records best ever first quarter sales

Despite the tough economic conditions, BMW Motorrad recorded its best ever first quarter sales during the first three months of 2012. Find a BMW motorcycle for sale. BMW sold 24,373 bikes by the end of March, up 5.5% on 2011, and delivered a massive 12,295 bikes in March alone. “This positive development is attributable to our attractive model range and the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 12:19)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Have they tried to get their dealers to pre-reg as many bikes as they can afford, to boost figures with the onset of the competition from other manufacturers? Sales figures later in the year should give us some idea.

Reply to this Topic
andygoodman

Feb 10

andygoodman says:

I cant even remember the last time i saw a BMW on the road, new or old. Where are all these bikes going once they have been sold ??

Reply to this Topic
AHA1

Feb 12

AHA1 says:

Seems like every other new bike I see in London is a Beemer.  Would be interesting to know which models contributed to the sales hike though.  The enduros, the S1000RR or the new 1600s? Presumably the new scoots aren't figuring in the numbers yet?

Reply to this Topic
neiljharding

Mar 09

neiljharding says:

Looks like BMW have all the best selling bikes,just go to any BMW dealer on a any saturday

and they are packed with customers, seems the way forward to me,BMW dont pre register

there bikes like the japanese do, seems they dont have too most times you have to order

them.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, BMW dealers might be packed out with people but the stats show Triumph is the biggest seller in the over 600cc class at the moment. End of the year figures will still be the ones to show how much damage to BMW all these new 'adventure bikes' on the market are causing.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Triumph

Is this why we fought two world wars? To be overrun with german goods. Buy British!  Oh God I want a Spitfire.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
neiljharding

Mar 09

neiljharding says:

A lot of Triumphs are made in Thaiand, now they are also looking to make them in India as well

British made I dont think so.   (check it out )

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

I've been to the factory, the majority of the range is still built in the UK, they take you onto the production line where you can see with you're own eyes all the different bikes being built as each bike on the line is different due to being built to order rather than surplus!!! Still a completely British company with British Designers and British production, it has factories outside the UK...So what??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices