Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mafakin

Oct 11

mafakin says:

The sound of big singles

I have recently purchased and am pleased with my mt-03

However, when I throttle back and change down there are a couple of soft back-fires - that is the best way I can describe it. Is this normal - I am not used to this type of engine. Perhaps modern engines burn lean because of emmisions and this causes it? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 19:00)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Big singles

A bit of popping and banging on the over-run is not uncommon on a big single.  It is part of their charm :smile 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lean

Sounds about right as Marcus states,if that`s your only problem your lucky.Are you getting any spitting back or coughing at any constant revs as 3000rpm?

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

I

miss my MT03:upset:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Yamaha MT-03 year?

Hi Mafakin

More info.

What mileage is the bike?if the bike has after market exhausts it could back fire as cold air is drawn back up into the headers on the over run,this can also happen if the exhaust is not sealing properly at a joint.Check the colour of the spark plug,it could be running a little rich?dirty air filter,or it could be a air induction valve problem?.Sometimes these emission control devises cause problems like this by allowing to much fresh air into the exhaust system again with the same effect as a leaking exhaust system,it can be blanked off on the exhaust side only not the breather from the camshaft chamber above the inlet though.Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices