Skip to content

General Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigrye2kx

Apr 12

bigrye2kx says:

Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))?

I am currently on the restricted licence which dictates that I cannot ride a bike over 33bhp for the first two years, I really like adventure bikes as I am 6ft5 and a well built bloke which means I find the more common bikes that are restricted such as bandits and sv650s too uncomfortable .

My question is what would the best adventure bike to get as I want one that I can unrestricted and continue to use after the restriction ends

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 20:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

how about...

one of these?

V strom 650.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

V-strom

Good choice, oldish. Ideal for a tall rider. A chap on the last ride out I went on had just bought one. Even with the restriction it was  pretty lively and he found it very comfortable for an all day ride out.

Reply to this Topic
R100R

Jun 07

R100R says:

or maybe

a BMW F650 GS.  798cc, but it can be restricted to 33bhp.  Quite economical, I believe.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Restricted Advenutre Bikes

650 V-Strom and F650 as suggested.  Also what about one of the older, single-lung F650's or even a Honda Transalp.  All of these bikes are good potentials for restriction.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

How about

A DR350, doesn't need restricting (30bhp) and is far easier to Adventure on than a restricted bigger bike.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

BMW F650

I ride the F 650CS as a winter bike. Mine is lowered but would be another good choice, although the aceleration was very tame restricted, the top speed was about the same.

Still think the V-strom is a better size for a tall person :smile

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

What about...

an XT660Z?  Been told a lot of good things about them.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Not quite an adventure bike

but how about Kawasaki Versys?

Based on the ER6 (therefore, both restrict-able and insurable) but with different suspension, making it a taller bike.

That said, it depends what budget you have to spend.

Reply to this Topic
bigrye2kx

Apr 12

bigrye2kx says:

xtz660

I have an xtz 750 project which is in it's final weeks before completion but I just can't get a restrictor for it without paying the ridiculous prices of finternational.com who charge £179 + vat 

Reply to this Topic
bigrye2kx

Apr 12

bigrye2kx says:

v-strom

I really like the looks of the v-strom but where it is such a new model I fear I may be out priced right now

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle