Skip to content

General Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigrye2kx

Apr 12

bigrye2kx says:

Best Adventure type bike for restricted licence holder (33BHP restriciton))?

I am currently on the restricted licence which dictates that I cannot ride a bike over 33bhp for the first two years, I really like adventure bikes as I am 6ft5 and a well built bloke which means I find the more common bikes that are restricted such as bandits and sv650s too uncomfortable .

My question is what would the best adventure bike to get as I want one that I can unrestricted and continue to use after the restriction ends

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 April 2012 20:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

the vstrom...

as been around for at least 10 years.So there should be plenty of cheaper ones out there.Although the cheapest one here is nearly 3 grand.

V stroms for sale.
but of course the site won't load.:mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

AsOldish said

plenty of v-stroms about, and really good if you are a big lad

Have fun!

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

+1 on the V-strom

It's a good all rounder bike, check out some of ride reports on VSRI International forum if you're interested on how adventurous you can get!

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

+1 on the V Strom and Versys

Both bikes are well suited for taller folk, the Versys a little more so.

I owned a 33bhp SV650 for a year (same engine used by the V Strom) and it was spot on. It was easily powerful enough to have fun on, due to the grunty nature of V-twins.

The Versys is a little bigger and leans more toward pure road riding, with 17 inch wheels and road tyres. The engine is very similar to that of the V Strom.

As mentioned the BMWs are also good bikes, but for me they feel to lack a little in the engine department compared to the V Strom and Versys.

If it was my choice it would be a very tough call between the Suzuki and Kawasaki, but for me the Kawasaki just edges it.

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Big rye

I'm only a dwarf next to you at 5'10" but the V-strom 650 is a brilliant all rounder.  I've got a 2009 and it does everything I want it to do really well.  I've done 300 miles in a single sitting on a tankful, and I've done a track evening on it.  Only negative for me is the poor paint finish on the engine. Oh, and it'll be for sale shortly cos the Blackbird has usurped it's position in my affections:smile 

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

all good suggestions

so far.
Can only think to add a KTM Adventure 640 into the mix - don't know about restriction options though.

Reply to this Topic
Englishman

Oct 11

Englishman says:

Versys

I'd say the Versys, but I've got one so I'm biased. I've no idea what it would be like restricted, but with half the horse power I have in mine it'll be a hell of a thing to you when your time is up and you can get the full fun out of it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle