Skip to content

Discuss This Rev limit best way to cut cost and performance of MotoGP prototypes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rev limit best way to cut cost and performance of MotoGP prototypes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rev limit best way to cut cost and performance of MotoGP prototypes

A rev limit is the most effective way of reducing costs and cutting the gulf in performance between the factory prototypes and new 1000cc production-based CRT machines in MotoGP. That’s the view of former Technical Director Mike Webb, who is now MotoGP’s Race Director in 2012. A rev ceiling of around 14,500 to 15,000rpm is currently under discussion to bring the high-revving...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 April 2012 09:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

MONO....

Removing the front wheel would save a Huge amount of money---- No more expensive front tyre`s wheel`s disc`s fork`s etc. They might need to spend a few more quid on electronic`s but wtf.     Or they could cut the race`s down to 4 lapper`s,much more time for "after race celebration`s", and we all know how popular they are amongst the real "fan`s". Wow, I`m on fire !

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

pushbikes are the way forward.

they'd save some money then!

this whole dumbing down of MotoGP is tedious. soon there really will be two WSBK championships

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

motogp

it should be prototype motor bikes , ok well understand all about cost but you start of with 990 then they have to make 800 , then 1,000 its not cheap making all the changes , so the price of the bikes goes up for leasing them to satellite teams , why dont you just let the crt teams use as many engines as the wish so they dont have to detune a wsb engine, the way your going motogp will be cheaper and slower the wsb

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Rossi quiting?...

Could it be possible? 

Rossi vs Ducati

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

I would be ...

very disappointed if he quit. As far as the limited RPM's, they would have to fine tune the gearing to avoid hitting the rev limiter. What a mess.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Well, they ruined the 250's, then they ruined the 125's, at the same time they ruined motoGP with CRT and now they want to completely destroy motoGP by dumbing them down to the CRT level! So what exactly is the point of motoGP?

How many of us said it would be a huge mistake to involve CRT bikes? I so hope we were wrong, but it would appear it might well be the case!

R.I.P MotoGP!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

what did i miss?

rossi quiting? 1st ive heard or is it just 1st race assumptions??? i think yamaha would gladly scoop him up again if they lose jorge to honda or ducati??

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

i think yamaha would gladly scoop him up again if they lose jorge to honda or ducati??

I happen to think Yamaha would not move for Rossi again yes he won titles for them and races as well but I think Yamaha would got for a younger rider Rossi is the past now.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens I know Honda could come calling for Jorge and Ducati come calling for Spies I think any rider would be crazy if they accepted a offer from Bologna no matter how talented they are.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi to Tech 3 possibilty but IMO Hayden could end up there as well love to see #69 on a Yamaha been saying that for ages.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices