Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha: Jorge Lorenzo’s Qatar win vital early boost MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha: Jorge Lorenzo’s Qatar win vital early boost

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha: Jorge Lorenzo’s Qatar win vital early boost

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg said it was vital that the Spaniard pounced on Casey Stoner’s arm pump issue to claim a historic first 1000cc win in Qatar last weekend. Aussie Stoner controlled the race up until the final laps when he faded with a right arm pump issue to third position. The first win of the 1000cc era went...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 April 2012 16:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That showed Yamaha can match Honda lap for lap know hopefully that second Yam is fixed free of chatfer and give the Honda riders more of a hard time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Stoner Quoted:

"Everyone else needs to up their game"

They just did. 

Didn't get first pole.  Didn't win at a track he's dominated for the past 4 years.  Relegated to 3rd.  Whinged.  A lot.  And he wonders why people don't like him? he just moans!  Yes, he's a talent - but come on.  Play the media game bud.  Watch Bradl, he's gonna be a podium contender - he's hungry.  Have to say, haven't been a huge fan of 'sailor' Pedrosa either but he's growing on me (no pun).  Rossi has no chance of a podium this year outside of a pile up of the aliens.  Go on Cal!!  You can do it son.  One love.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Err no they didn't Shawny

Stoner just proved how competitive and difficult to beat he is once more going to be this year. Right in the thick of it at Qatar almost until the death with serious arm pump issues for three quarters of the race. Stoner ran only a fraction slower than Lorenzo in qualifying with big time chatter.

You little Oompa Loompa's can delude yourselves any which way you want. It will be a major surprise if 2012 doesn't end up pretty much like 2011.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Looks like

Stoner's been well and truly caught with his pants down. The form book had him down as the clear favourite for Qatar but thanks to a rather large and arrogant assumption on Casey's part, he was completely out ridden by Lorenzo and Pedrosa.

A few more results like that and Stoner's confidence will be shattered and we'll start hearing more and more about "arm pump" (lack of match fitness) and "chatter" (lack of time setting up the bike during race simulations) and then some mystery illness yada yada. Seem familiar?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

mario

A few more results like that and Stoner's confidence will be shattered

So a few more 'poor results' (a podium) will achieve what 3YRS on a shit-pig Duke didn't? Get real. 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

IDIOT

Is Stoner an Idiot or is that to strong a word. Why didnt he bother with a full race simulation or was he that arogant that he thought he didnt need one. He has underestimated the oposition and all ready the chinks are showing. What Lorenzo lacks in equipment he more that makes up for i with his profesionalismn, riding skill and above all determination. Saying that Stoner is bloody quick but he will need more that that to win the championship   

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

in this case

A first race victory is less revealing to me than the first half of the race check-out that happened that happened once Stoner passed for the lead. I doubt that Honda is as worried as Yamaha is confident. Soften a few things up with some programming and wrenching and,,, the tires last,,, then no catch-up from the consistent robot rider man..
IMO - That "arm pump" was probably made much worse and earlier, after the tire went away and the race became a Honda wrestling match. I don't see CS making that same mistake again,,, coming from someone who wants Jorge to win..

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Big deal..Not

George got it right last weekend as did Dani.Casey got 2nd loser result.

I don't see the worry in his eyes. For sure his focus is now on an JerezGP win. Bogey track for him. 

The rest will remain the rest. Only 3 Aliens left. I hope the weather stays good for race weekend in its entirety.

Really. I don't want to see a kamikazi take out,ego driven result as we did last year.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

alot of fuss about nothing

Didnt  really think there was alot between them to be fair. Its Caseys favorite track and is strong on it. The arm pump problem was an honest answer to me and over tight new glovse a reasonable cause. Why doubt him.

Lorenzo and the Yamaha were strong and i didnt see alot between the Yamaha and Honda, each having different pros and cons. Looks like a great season of nip and tuck between the aliens and hopefully Crutchlow Spies and Dovi snapping at their heels.

Its been along time since ive seen all three remaining aliens all so close for a whole race though ,and that only bodes well for the future.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Wonder if Honda get fount out like they did in the first season in the 800 where they got outckassed mind you I happen to think Yamaha could have it rivals on rhe track like Stoner did in 2007.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices