Skip to content

Ask an Expert Shoei or shark? Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Shoei or shark?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wambam87

Feb 12

wambam87 says:

Shoei or shark?

Hi , I currently own a shark s900 and have been due a new helmet for a while now.
my s900 has been a perfect lid for the monney i had at the time , ive now saved up about £250 for a new lid. I was sold on the new shark speed R, looks an amazing helmet. But i just spotted a sale on Shoei xr 1100's and that puts them at the same price as the shark. As i havent owend a shoei just heard of there renowend quality and saftey just wanted to hear from the horses mouth as it were.

So Shark or Shoei?

Any info would rock!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 April 2012 20:58)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lids

Welcome wambam87,you should really try them on for comfort,my bonce and glasses fits the shoei shape.

rock on tommy. 

Reply to this Topic
wambam87

Feb 12

wambam87 says:

bonce size

Aye , im off tommorow to see how the shoei fits , but i havent been able to find anywere to try the new shark yet in flat ole norfolk!

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

New Helmet

I have both a Shoei Raid II and a Shark S900.  They are both a good fit for me so I would imagine that you may find a Shoei comfortable.  I have had the Shoei a few years and it has lasted very well. 

Reply to this Topic
montecassino2005

Mar 11

Shoei or Shark

I have just replaced my previous Shoei with another one. I did try other makes and most meet the recent safety requirements and score highly.

However i found the Shoei the most comfortable and best fitting, so give it a try. I very much doubt you will regret it.

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

If the Shark S900

was a good fit and was comfortable, why not buy another one?

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Whichever

fits better. The Shark may be good for noise and the visor is better than shoei.

Reply to this Topic
wambam87

Feb 12

wambam87 says:

shoei

Went for the shoei , My s900 has been good but it sagged a bit in recent months and after a spill i needed a new helmet. The new speed r , to me looked and felt plastic-y the visor mechanizm had already broken and theyd only had it in store 2 days! , the shoei seems so well put together and fit , well it was amazing so so much better than my s900.  Went for matt black with a black visor :D

Thank you for the help !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices