Skip to content

Sport Find it funny that people think Rossi should leave Moto GP... MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Find it funny that people think Rossi should leave Moto GP...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

Find it funny that people think Rossi should leave Moto GP...

After his injury he came back in 2010 fighting for podiums and even won a race. He started the season winning the first race and got third twice before the crash. He ended up third behind Ped, despite his injury and he stayed in front of Stoner on a horrible Ducati. 

Rossi joins Ducati and proves how horrible that bike is on bikes that have improved all around him. He's had one bad year on the Ducati and looks like he'll have another and people are calling him to leave. He's won 7 times in Moto GP and he is early 30's... he isn't in his 40s and still has a good few years left in him yet. 

He still has the speed, he just cannot learn how to ride differently at his age like Stoner could adapt at the young age he joined Ducati. Plus Rossi cannot afford to crash again and push the bike and has the same complaints stoner did. Lets not forget Stoner kept crashing out because of the Ducati and never looked like winning the championship for years on it after 2007, when the bike was good. 

Rossi beat Stoner in 2008, beat Lorenzo in 2009 and thanx to an Injury and a bike he hates, he has had two bad seasons so far. It's true a young Rossi would be doing better on this bike, however he has far but lost it.

I'd personally love to see Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner all on the Honda, that would be a great battle. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 00:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I

love Rossi and what he's done for bike racing in the last 10 years! But I think it's easy for folk to just think he'll never be beaten because of how dominant he has been in terms of world titles.. He is old.. He is less hungry.

Lest we forget that actually Casey had more wins in the 800cc era than Rossi did... and again let us not forget that many of the crashes Casey had on the Ducati were whilst he was beating Rossi on track.. The truth is the crashes were the result of how hard Casey had to push that bike to compete against Valentino.... and Lorenzo, who were both on superior machinery.

The proof of that last statement is that no one single person ever could ride that Desmo at anywhere near the success rate of Casey (except Troy Bayliss on that one-off ass-whooping he gave the entire GP paddock at Valencia in the last race of 2006) (maybe it's an Aussie thing:wink:) even Valentino, And even Valentino and Jerry Burgess after a year of trying to sort it out.

I have to admit that i'm guilty of not realising at the time how good a rider Casey was to make that thing work.. But i'm very happy and a little humbled to now admit that Casey is as good now as Rossi ever was... or is.

Rossi's been an utter inspiration to us all.. no doubt about that but after 9 world titles I think he no longer has the hunger.. as he has nothing left to prove. He's been the best and I think it'll be a long time til another rider racks up 9!

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Lets just look at his results...

- 2007 Stoner dominated .
- 2008 Rossi dominated.
- 2009 Rossi beat Lorenzo in straight up fair races like Catalunya.
- 2010 Rossi gets a 1st,2nd and 3rd but gets injured but comes back getting 3rds and 2nds and ven won a race.
- 2011 Rossi sucks

Sorry but it isn't cause he is old and cannot race any more, the speed doesn't just go. The only person who has been able to ride the Ducati is Stoner and even towards the end of his time at Ducati he was complaining about the same issues Rossi is now. Difference is Stoner was a lot younger, learnt how to ride the Ducati and Rossi is in his 30s and cannot afford to have as many crashes as Stoner did trying to push that Ducati. Rossi even said "I'm just gonna have to adapt myself to this bike" and how before that he's been trying to adapt the bike around him and it hasn't been working.

If Rossi went on that Tech 3 Yamaha and let one of them ruin their career at Ducati, he would be at the front again. You don't go from being the best to middle of the pack in a few months over winter.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ddrooster

Mar 11

ddrooster says:

seems the masters back

they all came they all played and who got the result

lala lorenzo won from the front

rossi won from the  rear

never ever discount the Dr

on the same bikes he is light years ahead

Reply to this Topic
nickhowes

Aug 09

nickhowes says:

Valentino Rossi

Let's get him back on a Honda!

Reply to this Topic
no1toprider

Aug 02

no1toprider says:

hear hear

I have to admit that i'm guilty of not realising at the time how good a rider Casey was to make that thing work.. But i'm very happy and a little humbled to now admit that Casey is as good now as Rossi ever was... or is.

I totally agree with the above regarding Stoners riding ability, although I suspected as much from the way he was showing up Nicky Haden, who lets not forget was more than a match for Pedrosa on the Honda

Reply to this Topic
SiBR600

Jun 12

SiBR600 says:

A matter of time...

I think he'll have enough year on the Ducati and, by then there'll be another group of young riders coming through... notably Marc Marquez (and Bradders)...it's only going to get tougher for him but he's in a difficult situation... quit while ahead (ish) or carry on until the bitter end...?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices