Skip to content

HONDA New Honda PCX125 gets claimed 133mpg PCX125

You are in... Forums > HONDA > PCX125 > New Honda PCX125 gets claimed 133mpg

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New Honda PCX125 gets claimed 133mpg

The Honda PCX125 - Europe's biggest selling powered two wheeler last year - has been revised for 2012, with a new engine with a claimed 133.9mpg. Honda has improved the engine wih a new technology called enhanced Smart Power (eSP), which makes the 124cc single-cylinder engine 3% more efficient than the current model. The new PCX125 will be available in the UK in the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:01)

Post a message in PCX125

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

MPG

There's a whole world of difference between CLAIMED and ACTUAL.

Reply to this Topic
sammycw50

Dec 10

sammycw50 says:

claimed or bollocks

they claim they can do that but only in laboratories and dont take in account of head winds, rider weight and hills, Ive had 160mpg from my 1992 yamaha townmate and that was from £5 not bad for an old bike

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Claims...

Manufacturers fuel economy claims never match up to real world use, however one thing is for certain: the PCX will easily do more than 100mpg in normal use.

Mine has averaged high nineties, it would do more if I went slower and weighed less.

Don't be fooled by MCNs review of the PCX and claimed top speed of 70mph because it will not do more than 62.5mph.

Sadly the UK will probably not get the recently announced PCX150

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Scooter Fuel Consumption

Well, my Honda NHX110 Elite (Lead in the UK) gets a real world 90-95 mpg, instead of the claimed 110 mpg. Of course, I am riding at close to top speed at lot, since much of my commute is on 45-mph speed limit roads.

I can believe that the Honda PCX125 might get 133 mpg at a steady 50-kph/30-mph, but in the real world I would expect 85-100 mpg depending on rider weight and riding style.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Claimed vs Actual

It does seem to be true that claimed figures are generally beyond most riders reach in the real world, but they are attainable if you ride with fuel economy as your primary goal. Sadly this means losing a lot of weight and tootling about at 30mph. Most manufacturers use a standardise motorcycle test cycle for fuel economy, so it's useful when comparing one motorcycle against another (like for like) its common sense to expect a little less if you plan on riding with any form of enjoyment involved. They are peanuts to run even if you fill it up and flat it out everywhere, your still going to get 80-90 mpg, which stil awesome.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Claimed vs actual

thing is, fuel economy is heavily dependent on many factors: type of road / traffic conditions, loading, tyre pressures, wind and weather, and the human on top.

A perfectly set up bike under ideal conditions may achieve it, but the average human won't.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

The Real World

To see how the PCX does on fuel consumption in the real world, have a look at Fuelly.com

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

look ....who cares?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

look ....who cares?

Reply to this Topic

Page