Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic fourth place in last weekend’s season opening MotoGP race in Qatar was confirmation of the huge leap made by the British rider for the 2012 world championship. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider held off a determined challenge from team-mate Andrea Dovizioso to equal his career best premier class result at the Losail International Circuit in Doha. And...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Impressive...

"Cal’s fastest lap in Qatar was quicker than Jorge’s"

WTF!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
NChamp

Apr 12

NChamp says:

Usual rubbish journalism

"Only race winner Jorge Lorenzo [did a faster lap]" And then two quotes from Zeelenberg saying how Cal did a faster lap than Jorge. In fact, Cal did do the second fastest lap, but it was Stoner, not Lorenzo, who set the fastest lap. It's easy to find this information: http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2012/QAT/MotoGP/RAC/Analysis.pdf?v1_60112f76 Doesn't anybody fact check these articles? C

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

@NChamp

Naaaa... you just have too much time on your hands fella!

Reply to this Topic
biaggi69

Oct 09

biaggi69 says:

great ride and all that but ...... he should in the top6 ...... the depth of field is shallower than a snails bath.

it's like gp's 15 years ago or so , smaller classes provide really good racing and the big 'uns are a non event .

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Caution Advised

I too believe it is a major step forward. However, we should all be cautious and wait until he has a few more races behind him when he has acheived similar positions.

Well done Cal. However whatever he does I can't see him gaining as many headlines and interest as Ben Spies on this forum.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

One Race down...

and a lot more to go.

If Cal is to become 'as good as Spies' then he needs to start hitting podiums, and regularly.
Thing is, I doubt he will. The depth of field is lower than a snails bum, so unless he is constant T6 he's another English hopefull, talented but not yet a finished product.

Now I dont want to write him off yet, but one swallow doesnt make a girlfriend so lets see if he can be consistent for the long haul, rather than only on special occassions.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

It's true NChamp....

Come on guys, proof read your stuff before putting it out!! Don't mean to sound harsh but you've got fantastic jobs that most would die for, so at least do it properly gents. Come on....

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

mattleon and NChamp

An innocent mistake that despite our very best efforts can happen sometimes unfortunately. Apologies for that.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

I may be wrong....but shouldn't there be a comma after sometimes?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Cal equalled his best  result in this class. A 'huge step', not in my mind but a STRONG step toward a better year than previous.

We'll know more in a few races time.

Go Cal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle