Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar fourth confirms huge step by Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow’s fantastic fourth place in last weekend’s season opening MotoGP race in Qatar was confirmation of the huge leap made by the British rider for the 2012 world championship. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider held off a determined challenge from team-mate Andrea Dovizioso to equal his career best premier class result at the Losail International Circuit in Doha. And...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1motion

Jul 07

1motion says:

give it time

cal had a good weekend and has looked decent in testing but lets calm down a little bit... after only what 3 race wins in WSBK? and 2 4th place finishes in GP?

the only people talking up Cal are Herve & british websites... havent came across any love fest articles anywhere else, not tryin to be a hater.... just sayin

if he does well ill give credit where its due... but other thn a couple good results here and there just like in WSBK i dont see it happening...  he has always had the raw speed and fast laps but besides his WSS title (which laverty should have won) it has never meant anything over the season

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

A good performance there. If he nailed the start, who knows?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Dont get too excited it will down to mid pack soon when the second Yamaha gets fixed free of chatter.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Spot on Pasey,  a good performance and winter testing but all the hype is setting up for a potential fall.  Cal himself knows not to get too hyped up over his recent performance but if this does carry on into the season then maybe we might have something to shout about.

Good start to the season and think it may well be a season long battle with Dovi ? Showing good maturity too.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

YamahaGYTR I think the chatter was a complete one off as none of the other Yams was like it.  I know your a Spies fan but i think he might get caught in with the Dovi and Cal battle.  Maybe not week in week out as when he's on it Casey and Lorenzo can struggle with his pace but i find him a little inconsitant in GPs

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

@Chillie

I dont think CS or JL struggle with the pace of anyone but each other and the fragile Pedrosa.
BS wont trouble them, and unless Cal grows wings, nor will he.

Nice to see he's closer though!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

BS won't trouble them on his day he can matey and you feckin know it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Well they do struggle with the pace on time to time for one reason or another against other riders, it's just not very often at all as even i have to accept that they are both very very fast and consistantly fast too.

I don't believe Cal will beat Lorenzo or Stoner either without them having any kind of problems, be it arm pump, tyres or running right off track.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That was last year inconsistency race starts but this year will be different as for that Dovi and Cal thing he will leave those two for dead.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Well Good work Cal and I'm certainly hoping and expecting that you'll get a podium this year.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices