Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

Valentino Rossi is still fast enough to challenge Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s recent domination of the MotoGP world championship. That’s the view of Rossi’s fellow Italian Loris Capirossi, who quit MotoGP after a record-breaking career at the end of 2011. Rossi is currently facing the biggest crisis of his illustrious career having admitted that he can’t get close to even challenging...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Heavens to murgatroyd

Well if that's not a bit of old matey dick licking.

So Loris thinks Rossi would be competitive on a M1 or RCV. But it is precisely the fact Rossi knew he couldn't beat Lorenzo over a season on the M1 that he got huffy and was shown the door. Hubris lead him to believe that the Ducati with a powerful engine just needed a little VR/JB pixie dust to give VR the edge he needs against the three young chargers. Whoops got that horribly wrong too.

Pure fantasy Mr Caprirossi, pure fantasy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

A well respected racer with an unenviable record and an incredible amount of know-how and experience at the top level…….all of a sudden becomes a moron to some on this site when he tells it like it is and people don’t like it. Funny that!

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Nostrilsdamus...

.."So Loris thinks Rossi would be competitive on a M1 or RCV".....not just Loris, but me to, along with thousands and thousands of other people. The bike isnt right, Rossi is. Put any of the gp riders on the ducati and they would all struggle. Think Rossi would rather Suzuki come back and ride for them than ducati at the moment. The question is how long will Rossi continue to try different things before his relationship with ducati becomes too strained to progress. Put him on the honda or the yamaha and he would be right up front again challenging, which is where he needs to be if he wants to be crowned the greatest of all time.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A factory Yamaha or Honda he would still get smoked the competition level is as high as ever Loris you're living in a dream world.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

For sure....

Loris knows nothing about the capabilities of other GP riders.
I mean how could he?
The so called experts on here could never be wrong,well not in their own minds.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

Capi, blind loyalty does no-one any favours. Tell your mate the truth, that'll help him far more. 

Should Vale be on a Jap bike atm then for sure results would be better but he'd still be running with Dovi/Spies/Cal at best. The current 'aliens' would blitz him.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think both Rossi and Ducati had wished they had never got together. The dream partnership has turned into a nightmare for all concerned.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

So going by the argument that Rossi would be at the front with Lorenzo and Stoner if on a M1 or RCV, then surely the same applies to Abraham and Barbera, who are every bit as fast (or faster)as Rossi on inferior machinery. Dream on.......

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I wonder about this hate love thing that runs on MCN.Rossi lovers hail all he has done, and rightly so i think. Stoner lovers say Casey could put  an even less impressive Duc on pole pretty often. And yes this is true as well. Me as a Simmoncelli/Haga fan? Maybe i can be objective. So I will say this, J-Lo! Not my favorite rider or as it seems, not anyone's favorite rider? But  was it not Jorge that scored a pole in his first Moto-GP race. Didn't J-Lo have more points than Rossi before the Goat got injured? This dude deserves some credit. Focused, fast and IMO the best rider on the planet. It's nr 99

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Capi Who

At least thats what Im hearing on most of the usual commentators posts... To think that all MCN had to do to get the real inside story from people who have decades of GP experience and know a thing of two about racing was to trawl through some of the user profiles on here !!! Shame on you MCN, these people trolling out the garbage about mindless Italian loyalty and how Rossi is finished despite Capirossi and many other vastly experienced riders and journalists saying otherwise, shows you are missing a vital source of information.... Blimey you lot even Casey Stoner said Rossi was still capable if Ducati gave him the right machine, you gonna disagree with him too... Every story on here, just another excuse for the same profiles to meat out the same old Rossi is the devil speeches week in week out without a shred of credibility between them.... Real lack of humility chaps....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices