Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

Valentino Rossi is still fast enough to challenge Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s recent domination of the MotoGP world championship. That’s the view of Rossi’s fellow Italian Loris Capirossi, who quit MotoGP after a record-breaking career at the end of 2011. Rossi is currently facing the biggest crisis of his illustrious career having admitted that he can’t get close to even challenging...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lucks ran out

its funny from 2007 to when he got off it stoner according to all the rossi fans was on by far the best bike.....then stoner gets on the honda and all of a sudden the honda is by far the best bike......stoner got off a bike he was winning on,rossi then got on the same bike and has done nothing fact....but all of a sudden the rossi fans say oh the duke is a shit bike this year thats why he didn`t win!!!!! what a load of blinkered crap.....i love rossi he has produced some great entertainment for years,but now a rider or 2 if u want to include lorenzo have come along and moved the goasl posts up the road....read the interview with kr junior about rossi,he had a lotta lotta luck and now its ran out....playing about with gibernau and hayden was one thing but i`m afraid now stoner and lorenzo are doing to rossi what he did to them....rossi won`t be on the duke next year,but if by some miracle he gets a factory ride on yam or honda or private team with good parts,whats gonna happen if he still gets smoked????

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

i would,nt be suprised if the incident with marco is still playing on his mind,but i reckon he,s more than quick enough to win but not with this bike,if he quits ducati they,ll pull out, and that means there,ll be more crt teams on the grid but where will rossi go to then?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Incident with marco

is not on his mind.,.. this weekend he is in Monza playing with his Ferrari

He is lost

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

but i reckon he,s more than quick enough to win but not with this bike

That adage has applied to many riders and drivers over the years and always will. Not all who have the ability to win are given the equipment to show it, for others, lady luck falls their way. It's hard to evaluate the potential of this bike as at the moment, Rossi is being outridden on it, so you have to assume it is capable of more than it is showing.

,if he quits ducati they,ll pull out,

Unlikely - what do you base that on? 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A THREAT

Are all you Rossi haters out their frightened about him leaving Ducati. It certinaly seems like it. Me i think it would be great to see Rossi on a works Honda or Yamaha next season because then all these petty childish arguments could be put to bed for once and for all. If he lost then yes he is over the hill. If he won then he has to be the GOAT. I for one would love to see him swap teams just to stop these petty childish comments from those arm chair racers who know doupt think that they could do better than some of the best riders in the world   

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Threat?

Lorenzo didn't see him as a threat at Yamaha, why would he now? Conversley, it is why Rossi left, or have you forgotten the him or me ultimatum. If he went to Honda he'd have front end chatter to deal with and he can't ride around a front end that doesn't give him the feel he wants (his admission, not my supposition) so unlikely to be a threat there either.

More ridiculous talk of GOAT when the statistics you use to hail him that fall short of another rider, therefore he will nver be the 'GOAT'. Why bother..?

The man burned his bridges with the best two teams on the grid. He could have seen his career out with either of them but his ego got in the way.

Just as it is surfacing again now - it's all Ducati's fault, not mine.

In the close season, according to Hayden, Ducati technicians had only three days off (over Xmas) to produce this new bike. He has publicily applauded the sheer hard work the team have put in to make it. He's prepared to work with them, again, to try and get it on a level with Honda and Yamaha. Whether it is possible time will tell but at least he tries. Rossi on the other hand has thrown it all back in their faces, flounced out of the garage and is off playing in his Ferrari whilst the team are left to pick up the fallout from his Qatar rantings. Nice committment from someone paid the amount he is.

He put himself where he is, he's creaming millions from Ducati, the least he could do is employ the same attitude as the rest of them and knuckle down to try and find a solution to his problems.

With the attitude he is displaying at the moment, who would want to touch him and why does he deserve to just up and leave and walk into a better bike (which no-one is going to give him)

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

No threat ratchetman

How about we put stoner on the Ducati .... Oh yeah he just got of it.. And he won on it to.....lol at your piss weak attemp to prop up your flailing fraud of a star, no jap team will have him, for fuck sake, he has driven Ducati to breaking point and forced them to sell. What a fucken hero

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Remember Ducati I'm available

Loris is hovering around the red awnings saying all the right things - I'm sure he wouldn't jump at the chance to ride Rossi's bike if Val takes his ball. Not half.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Whilst on the subject of Burning Bridges

Remember the Kelly's Heroes theme tune? It fits quite well with minimum tweaking.

People tried to warn me
But I held my head up high
All the time they warned me
But I only passed them by
They all tried to tell me
But I guess I didn't care
I turned my back and
Left them standing there

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning memories
Everyone I left behind each time I closed the door
Burning bridges lost forevermore