Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi certain Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win

Valentino Rossi is still fast enough to challenge Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s recent domination of the MotoGP world championship. That’s the view of Rossi’s fellow Italian Loris Capirossi, who quit MotoGP after a record-breaking career at the end of 2011. Rossi is currently facing the biggest crisis of his illustrious career having admitted that he can’t get close to even challenging...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 14:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

mike27

I love you, but that kind of talk will induce the hordes to start frothing and flailing.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Customer bikes could win in the 990 era Gibernau and Barros but now its a tough ask.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thanks Strokey

that means so much coming from an anonymous little fanboy like you.

Bloodbubble you seem to have tripped up over your own fingers. We're talking 2012 Rossi - aged 33 which should be his prime - and I say it probably is speed wise (Wosi would agree, he spent most of 2011 arguing Rossi was as fast as Stoner on the D16), not three years ago. The ante's been upped since then.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Nostrils

Change your tune, your boring us all now

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hurrah another fan

I'm raking them in now. I'll have you know Chrisb I've been 'boring' Rossi fanboys on here for quite some time now. This is not a recent occurance, and until they stop with the nonsense I'll keep shooting them down.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

ffs

" The bike doesn't like him" Carlo Pernat. It's a Ducati sir, they all do that.

see above for the reasons behind the fail. Add to that the minor detail that Valentino Rossi feels the same and you have a match made in shit. Apparently no amount of tinkering with the bike has changed this although "feel" was briefly spotted in january before disappearing off again.

People not getting on with Ducati's has happened since the first bike was ever built and then more than one person rode it. Even riders that do well on semi factory or good private superbike Ducatis discover that full monty Corse bikes are a different kettle of Desmodromics. And fail. The list of riders who haven't fulfilled expected potential on full factory Ducati Corse bikes is long. When you consider the dominance of your Bayliss's, Fogarty's, Polen's with cameos from Hodgson, Toseland and Checa you start to have an idea of the factory mentality. Those 6 riders make up a fair percentage of the history of WSB so who cares about the ones that don't make it?

Of all current world level road racing riders Valentino Rossi would have been near the top of most peoples lists of riders capable of taming the Desmosedici. The truth now appears to be that the bike doesn't need taming to win, it needs someone aggressive enough to ride it to victory. Of their 4 riders, for me, the most obviously aggressive rider they have at Ducati is Hector Barbera followed by 2012 Nicky Hayden. 

Unlike Wosi I'm happy to admit that I've been very wrong about my predictions and expectations re: Rossi/Ducati and part of that is because I was hoodwinked too. As I've said before, I became a Casey Stoner fan after you fuckwits booed him at Day of Champs 2007 and the very next thing he did was sign my lid, I became less of a fan of Valentino Rossi the next day when he refused to sign my other lid.

Since Wosi decided to lose his marbles live on the internet and began to actually become Valentino Rossi on a one man mission to disprove Casey Stoner and then got all biblical, I have to say I've been pushed away from this "fan" and "loyalty" thing towards Valentino for no other reason then I don't want anyone thinking I'm like him or that we all think like he does.

Has anyone else noticed how the main protagonists on this site all have their profiles locked? Mine never has been and I've never written a word I don't think, know or have experienced because I see no point . Who else can say that?

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Nonsense Nostrils

What's this nonsense you speak of? Please do tell, but make sure it's less than a paragraph as I can never be arsed to read the whole of your posts.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Benny!!!

I've found one, are you ready?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Nonsense Chris my lad like

Rossi is greater than Jesus and sliced bread. The former yes, the later still rules though.

Like our favourite partisan blogger David Emmett said last year. "Rossi would win titles if on a RCV" even he's backed down a bit now and thinks Rossi might only be able to mix it up on occasion  with the young guns. Still plenty optimistic in my books, but that's a big climb down for DE.

I've plenty more stuff, but I see your attention span is short.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Reality bites for DE

Although he did say to me that Ducati need to build him the bike that he wants. Yes, but, as Rossi is finding out this isn't HRC or YRT it's Ducati. They'll build him the bike that they can, the rest is up to the rider. He should understand the mindset better than anyone, I think he's turning Japanese, I really think so...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices