Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland gets back on two wheels with Harley-Davidson General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > James Toseland gets back on two wheels with Harley-Davidson

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

James Toseland gets back on two wheels with Harley-Davidson

Retired racer and former World Superbike champion James Toseland is back on two wheels again with a new Harley-Davidson Softail Slim. After spending more than half of his life focusing on using two wheels to reach the finish line in the quickest time possible, Toseland has chosen a more relaxed set of wheels for road riding now his racing days are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 April 2012 15:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Well, I admire James's sentiments but a Harley?

Give him a few months and he'll be sporting a beard, body piercings and some body ink while wearing flip flops down the supermarket.

Go get a Speed Triple James!

Reply to this Topic
gsxrrrrrrr

Aug 08

gsxrrrrrrr says:

Of course James knows nothing, having never been as fast as you bunch of sad wannabes, and now he's not racing he can dress how he pleases instead of multi-coloured leathers. You'd do well to mind your own business.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Press Release

If Harley-Davidson is releasing statements to the press about it, then it is almost certain that Toseland is a paid endorser of H-D. If he wasn’t getting paid and just wants to ride for transport and relaxation, there are a lot of better bikes, starting with the Honda Deauville.

If he really wants to ride (officially defunct) Route 66 on a H-D, he should at least choose a Street Glide or Road Glide, as these bikes have a “standard instead of a cruiser riding position, not to mention betting handling and seat comfort than any H-D cruiser. I cannot imagine any H-D “softtail” being comfortable for more than an hour or so.

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

Why?

I have been an avid reader of all motorcycling news since I can remember and on MCN I find the most miserable moaners. Every single article of whatever denomination seems to attract what would appear to be an extremely expert and acid opinion on just about everything. Engineers, marketing experts, moto GP riders... Nothing seems out of bounds: new bike tests, Valentino, the editors, the testers... Wow! Tough crowd... I enjoy a bit of silliness and banter (that is why I like reading the posts)like anybody else but it is getting a bit thin. Anyone agrees?

Reply to this Topic
Bikewisher

Jul 04

Bikewisher says:

Exactly momomomo

Momomomo I couldn't agree more. It's sad to see riders criticise other riders simply for making a different choice. I've also noticed most brand bashing comes from those who have never actually ridden the machine they so fiercely criticise. The article is simply showing that an ex racer has rekindled his biking passion on road and chosen something which makes him happy. I'm pretty sure all the moaners out there are happy with their choices, and I wonder how they would feel if some self appointed bike guru deemed it to be an inferior machine?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Different Over Here

Well, Bikewisher and momomomo, if you spent much time in the US, you would understand why Harley-Davidson is such a target, due to the cult status among many of its riders, who love to ignorantly denigrate all other motorcycles and their riders. Quite a few take it too far, being genuinely unfriendly to people on other bikes, or even threatening violence (it is a bad idea to stop at a establishment with a lot of H-D cruisers parked outside if you are on a Japanese brand motorcycle).

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Momomomo

Couldnt have put it better myself, too much hate by too many people on the comments, and they all close ranks and defend each others unreasonable and vicious commentary. Whenever someone stands up and calls them up on it, you get called every name under the sun... Glad there are some reasonable people left on here ! And as regards the story, great that JT is back on 2 wheels ! He was good for bike sport in the UK, so Im sure he will continue to make an excellent ambassador for biking in general regardless of what type of motorcycle he chooses to ride. Its 2 wheels in general thats important, not what type of 2 wheels !

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Jeez, the poor bloke suffered from criticism when he was racing, and still is! I thought we ALL made an informed choice as to what we ride; an image doesn't have to be adopted to ride a bike, again it's a matter of choice. Fufhuksake, let people get on with their lives and stop being so judgemental.

I'm off to dress in chaps, a tutu, stilletos and a bustier to ride my old Matchless. Go on, pigeonhole me for that......oh, and a flip front helmet. Poot.  

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Good on you Toseland, You Dont win two world titles without hard graft.  Have some fun, relax and ride what ever you want wether it's free or not.  There is not one bike in the world i would turn down if it was free, NOT ONE  :) 

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Experience

I wouldn't mind the experience of a lifetime with Katie Melua.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices