Skip to content

Ask an Expert £1500 to spend on a sporty 600cc? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > £1500 to spend on a sporty 600cc?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Martylaa

Apr 12

Martylaa says:

£1500 to spend on a sporty 600cc?

I have £1500 to spend on a sporty 600cc bike, what can I get for that, ideally something with less than 30,000 miles?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 April 2012 21:39)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wall1986

Apr 12

wall1986 says:

Same boat

im in the same boat Martylaa

i have around 1600 to spend on a sporty 600 and iv been tempted with one of these 
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-Motorcycles-Vehicles-/9800/i.html?rt=nc&Manufacturer=Kawasaki&_nkw=Kawasaki%20ZX6R%20Ninja&_dmpt=UK_Motorcycles&_fln=1&_sc=1&_sop=2&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1539

i have a bandit 600 at the min which I'm going to keep but i fancy a bit of a sporty as well

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

According to

your last post, you're just starting out - so insurance on an outright sportsbike is likely to be sky-high (assuming you can find an insurer that'll cover you at all).

A fully faired sportsbike will cost you an arm and a leg plus the attendant fingers, toes and nails when you drop it (we've all done it).

Hornets, Bandits, Fazers, SV650's, ER5 / 6's are all insurable, with plenty of go in a beginner's hands; don't try to run before you can walk.

Reply to this Topic
Martylaa

Apr 12

Martylaa says:

Quotes

Thanks for the pointers, I did try a online insurance quote for a 1999 Honda cbr600 f, it came back at £280 which I thought was great value?

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Don't know

how you managed that (I can only assume you were getting 3rd party only quotes) - I was quoted £430 (TPFT) on a 1995 CBR600F by Aviva, and thats with a few years NCB; I finally landed up with a 2008 Fazer 6, and insuring that was cheaper than the Honda with like for like cover.

Which insurers have you been getting quotes from?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices