Skip to content

Sport F1 better than Motogp............!! MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > F1 better than Motogp............!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

F1 better than Motogp............!!

I've just caught the latest F1 race from China - accidently, turned on telly and it was there - and as a spectator sport it blew Motogp away. I honestly never thought that I would say this :blink:

The grids were full, the cars were equally matched, there was overtaking at virtually every corner! Whatever they've done with all those rule changes it's made for great viewing. Only Moto2 comes close for action. Motogp still only has 21 bikes and only 3 of those have a chance of winning.

I just hope that the CRT revolution brings back close racing with 10 competitive bikes at each round, preferably different ones at each circuit :tongue:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 April 2012 10:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

F1 cars and MotoGP.

The other factor is that the cars pit repeatedly, re-emerge into traffic and have to work their way back up again. It's hard to see who is leading at any point in the race because of all the different fuel and tyre-stop strategies.

ITV's committment to F1 contributes alot to the quality. Some of the BBC's MotoGP coverage in the last couple of years gave the impression they were lucky to catch the start of the race.

I still prefer MotoGP. I must be a glutton for punishment.

Reply to this Topic
ddrooster

Mar 11

ddrooster says:

f1 v human rights

F1

i reckon its dead inthe water after last weekends bahrain fiasco

who wants to watch bernie make more money

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

F1 has been great this year, Moto GP needs to get rid of the stuff that gives the best teams an advantage like F1 did this year.

Reply to this Topic
justacardriver

Mar 10

snore 1

use to b a fan of F1, due to lack of over tacking, and use of pit stop stratergies,found it boring . Motrobikes in general was much better to watch. Cal saying wont win on a satellite might b true now but didn't sete win on a satellite. Wsbk ,Bsb fine to watch.

Might give the old F1 a look again but wont hold me breath

Reply to this Topic
Petamocto

Aug 12

Petamocto says:

Try Moto3

I agree that the premier class is less than exciting all the time, and unfortunately CRT hasn't helped anything.  In fact it is pushing Stoner right out the door for having two separate races going on.

That said, because of the MotoGP in the last couple years I have started watching Moto2 and Moto3 religiously and this season's Moto3 action has been crazy.  The French Moto3 race in the heavy rain was one of the most exciting I have ever seen; crashes all over the place including the leaders.  I don't want to see people getting hurt, but it was really exciting.

Not exactly the same when you're talking about 120 pound 15-17 year old Moto3 riders vs the best racecar drivers in the world, but I like bikes and that has been my solution to making my MotoGP experience more interesting. 

Reply to this Topic
max748

May 12

max748 says:

comparison

the cars have roughly the same power to weight ratio as motogp bikes, but they go around corners much quicker. so much quicker, in fact, that around the silverstone gp circuit, the f1 car can pit every lap and still put seconds on the bike.

goes to show that road bikes are alot closer to racebikes than road cars are to racecars.

Reply to this Topic
R1SP2006

Jan 13

R1SP2006 says:

F1 ZZZZZZZZ

F1 is not racing its the fastest car with the best pit strategy wins boring to watch
unfortunately the m/c world is suffering a downturn globally and that hurts racing in general but more so at the top end as the cost is sooo high hopefully it'll turn around and we can see grids in motogp like we used to see before we switched to the 4stks

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices