Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN April 18: Norton exclusive General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN April 18: Norton exclusive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN April 18: Norton exclusive

This week we have exclusive news that Donington Park-based manufacturer Norton will compete in this year's Senior TT with an all-new v4. MCN has the exclusive inside story of how the bike was born. The new bike features a Spondon chassis, Ohlins suspension, carbon-fibre wheels and Brembo brakes. Also this week we ride James Ellison's CRT bike, McGuinness rides speedway, we discover Britain's best roads...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 April 2012 12:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

norton world exclusive...

..wouldnt be about the Motogp entry would it? i think it was mentioned during the BSB round

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Norton

I wish them well if they're going in to MotoGP however I can't see how it will be beneficial to the company. It is highly unlikely that they'll be at the front of the grid from the offing but it is a bottomless black hole for money and resources.

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Norton / MotoGP

If they are serious about MotoGP they must be bonkers unless they have someone else providing most the backing. I don't think they're going to last with the current direction anyway. Unless they change something rich people will get fed up with the novelty of buying a Norton. They need to get the price down to widen the market or offer something worth the money for the function without "Norton" on the tank.

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

Norton at TT

Not Moto Gp but proper bike racing. Norton to return to the IOM with a prototype 1000cc V4 bike. Excellent news

Reply to this Topic
isimmins

Mar 07

isimmins says:

Is it a Norton though?  Aprilia engine in a Spondon chassis is what I heard.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hmmm....

Aprilia have built bikes with Suzuki engines and also Rotax engines. Bimota have used Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Ducati engines. CCM have built bikes with Suzuki and Rotax Engines. Kawasaki have used rebadged Suzuki engines in their bikes. Norton have very close ties with Spondon (Stuart Garner is a part owner of Spondon Engineering now and Spondon make most of Nortons frames). From that point of view you can call it a Norton but there's not much in the bike to really justify that.

I wish them well and a TT entry is a far more sensible opportunity for this company than MotoGP. The engine will have to make decent power and be reliable for this to show well but if it does it's a reasonable marketing step. Maybe they will buy RSV4R engines and tune them for their own range of bespoke sportsbikes in the future. It's a relatively cheap way to get in to that market if they do.

Reply to this Topic
andyathome

Nov 10

andyathome says:

Just got this weeks MCN and I have got to say that the new format is brilliant, love it! So many great articles!

The recoloured photo of Mike Hailwood is a masterpiece, you can almost hear that screaming, snarling, barking RC166, just a shame you couldn't have put on the centre page..

Anyway, you guys have done a great job of revamping the paper, well done, it is appreciated!

Reply to this Topic
mikethebike46

Apr 12

NORTON???

NEW MATCHLESS TO RACE AT TT
It has a Honda frame, Suzuki engine, Kawasaki wheels, Ducati valve gear, Triumph fairing, Yamaha Exup exhaust, Bridgestone tyres, Harley Davidson brakes (oh dear!), Moto Guzzi switchgear (OH DEAR!) and will be raced by anyone who believes in fairies. Pundits are saying that it’s good to see these old British manufacturers re-surface and produce competitive machinery.

If it's a NORTON - why does it not have a NORTON frame and a NORTON engine???

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices