Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

TheJoyRider

Mar 12

TheJoyRider says:

I Want To Speak To a Manager

Right guys,

WHO THE **** TOLD BIKERS THEY SHOULD ASK TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER ABOUT THEIR POLICY?????

The most ridiculous thing to date I have seen about bikers, is not that they are the most rude and abusive people I have spoken to to, I mean, just look at how they abuse the road traffic laws and then expect to get cheaper tax and car park spaces lol... It is the fact the moment they don't like what they are hearing, they demand to speak to the manager... WHY OH WHY????? What is the point in that? Where is the sense in that? What's the methodology? It's just incredible, I get people on the phone who have been told EXACTLY the same thing by several colleagues and they think they are ALL wrong! IT'S just incredible how naive bikers are! When several people tell you the same thing, its time to start changing your beliefs about what insurance is!

Please can any of you enlighten me as to who is telling you bikers to ask for a manager?

Regards,
The Joy Rider

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 April 2012 19:48)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Time

to take some of your own advice.

When several people tell you the same thing, its time to start changing your beliefs.

Go on name who you work for, nah didn't think so.

See not a rude or abusive word anywhere, it must be your attitude towards your customers. Oh and by the way I have always had the excess explained to me without having to ask about it, so that tells me you are inefficient at you job. Stop blaming others for your own shortcomings.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance industry

Joy Rider, looking at the history of your posts you obviously work in the insurance industry but are unhappy with having to deal with customers.  I may be wrong but I also suspect that you may be in a customer service department rather than being an actual broker.  You attittude towards the very people that you need to deal with on a day to day basis suggests to me that you are not suited for a career in a service industry.    

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Have to

Concur with smidget & Marcus. You do seem a little "tainted" against "bikers".

In my experience a "customer/client" will ask to see/speak to a manager when they are feeling they're not being heard by the person they are speaking to, regardless of whether the manager is able to offer  more than the initial call receiver or not (often as not a manager/supervisor is authorised to offer more of a discount/concession). From the tone of both this and previous posts you seem very unwilling to see anybodies viewpoint correct other than your own.

Whilst in the end you might well be the one in the right, if you fail to communicate this in a manner that gains understanding you will never be perceived to be so!

In order to have your viewpoint heard you must first Listen to what others are telling you so you can formulate a  response they will be not only able to understand but accept. If you try to put your point across forcefully you will find it ill received.

Have you tried camomile tea? It's very soothing!:smile

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

RADOX

also have a range of products which are reputed to help stress, muscular pains, and general soothing of other such conditions, I suggest that you apply to the makers of the RADOX products to become one of their product testers.

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

laws

How exactly do we abuse road traffic laws? We get cheaper tax on the whole as the emissions are generally less and cause less damage to the road than massive people carriers and save on congestion. Plus people would start getting pissed off if we take a whole space with one little bike, in my experience it is car drivers parking in bike spaces. 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I reiterate

my point about "trained frontline staff" not always being that well trained - THAT'S why people ask for a manager; so we can speak to someone who knows what they're doing / talking about.

As a customer, the money I'm laying on the table is going towards your wages. If I can't get a half-decent service for that money, I'll go somewhere I CAN get decent service. If enough customers feel the same and go to your rivals, then your employers lose money and start cutting back - which might just include your job. Pretty simple really.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Joyless

Dude, you really are in the wrong job,on the wrong site,ever tried being a traffic warden? cause you and parking violations are a match made in heaven.

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

unsucessful troll is unsuccessful

2/10 because you got some relies though.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
TheJoyRider

Mar 12

TheJoyRider says:

I Want To Speak To a Manager

smidget says: "See not a rude or abusive word anywhere, it must be your attitude towards your customers. Oh and by the way I have always had the excess explained to me without having to ask about it,"

OK, let me be clear here, not all clients are rude and abusive and I never stated in my opinion "ALL" are - I am simply saying bikers are the most rude and abusive people I have spoken to as opposed to car drivers and general public. I have a fantastic attitude towards the clients actually, I really do! I am just letting off steam and hoping to educate you guys so you learn off of other peoples mistakes to help both ourselves!

AdieR says:

"my point about "trained frontline staff" not always being that well trained - THAT'S why people ask for a manager; so we can speak to someone who knows what they're doing / talking about."

See below!

Amateurcynic says

"In my experience a "customer/client" will ask to see/speak to a manager when they are feeling they're not being heard by the person they are speaking to"

"Whilst in the end you might well be the one in the right, if you fail to communicate this in a manner that gains understanding you will never be perceived to be so!"

All of my complaints on here except for the talk to a manager piece, are about clients who don’t like being told they are wrong and cannot see outside of their own reality the possibility that they are wrong. I have mentioned very specifically in my post "I get people on the phone who have been told EXACTLY the same thing by several colleagues and they think they are ALL wrong!" this issue of clients just not accepting the fact they are wrong and in most cases just cant be bothered to read their own insurance policy contract is one that will inevitably lead to the customer service agent feeling insulted.

teamwindsor says:

"How exactly do we abuse road traffic laws?"

You all without fail (except for trikes) weave up between the middle of the traffic when it is at standstill. 

Regards,

The Joy Rider

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"How exactly do we abuse road traffic laws?"

"You all without fail (except for trikes) weave up between the middle of the traffic when it is at standstill".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle