Skip to content

Discuss This Audi agree to buy Ducati General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Audi agree to buy Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Audi agree to buy Ducati

Volkswagen Audi has agreed to buy Ducati for about 860 million euros (£705m), two insiders have told the Reuters news agency. The total includes Ducati's debt, say Reuters, though it's unclear how much that is. Last week Ducati insiders told MCN an announcement on the deal will be made tomorrow (Wednesday), and that the purchase will be presented as being a 75th...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 April 2012 21:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good Luck to Audi/Ducati

I actually like this idea.  I hope Audi stays out of Ducati's way and let them continue their momentum.  They seem to be on a roll with creating one beautiful, solidly thought out bike after another: Multistrada 1200, Diavel and now the Panigale. Good luck to Audi and Ducati on this new venture.

Reply to this Topic
CobbZ

Jun 10

CobbZ says:

shiva

Well thought out, but quite overpriced. Maybe not the Multistrada, but the Diavel and the Panigale are just too expensive.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Best of luck to Ducati ,because after the way the volkswagen Audi group treated Suzuki over building a small hybrid car, 1.9 billion Euros later and not a bit of development done in 2 years,the japs tried to get their money back and was met with a wall of silence , so Suzuki have taken them to the court of arbitration,and this is one of their reasons for pulling out of moto gp,let's face it 1.9 billion, ain't small change,so best of luck to ducat

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

Better than going to an Indian firm I suppose.

Reply to this Topic
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

Logic?

"The Ducati acquisition is driven by VW's passion ..........rather than..... logic,"  Sounds like the reason for buying a Ducati to me. Good for them.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

CobbZ

Cobbz, their bikes are certainly more expensive than the Japanese.  I think a top Euro brand will always be priced above the Japanese.  But the Panigale certainly is one expensive machine, it's in the MV range.  It hasn't hit the showrooms in the US yet.  I would be curious what volume they'll hit at ~ US$20K per for the base model. 

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

lol

you guys in the US are way spoiled ;o)

BASE Panigale in Austria is ~28 857$ (21 995 €)
Panigale Tricolore 33 495€

BASE BMW S1000RR 18 350,01€
(really ... 1 Cent !???)

Suzuki GSX-R 1000 16 499€

but don't forget what technology BMW and Ducati pack into their bikes ... i mean, Suzuki is really "stoneage", no ?

cheers
Jo

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

btw

what will happen with the Ducati <-> AMG cooperation ?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

New Rossi Sponsor?

Meica ( the real Frankfurter)

Reply to this Topic
Derekducati

Apr 12

Derekducati says:

benelli

Maybe the germans will do the patriotic thing - sack Rossi and install Bradl!?! And save a butt load of money and get better results!  Just thought I'd wind up the "flock"!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices