Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority

Ducati will focus on taming the aggressive power delivery with its factory GP12 machine in a bid to make the new 1000cc Desmosedici a more competitive force in MotoGP. Reeling after witnessing Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi finish sixth and 10th in the opening race in Qatar earlier this month, Bologna technical staff will concentrate on taming the aggressive power delivery...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 April 2012 22:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

Armchair cretins

MCN isn't there something that can be done to prevent the few dimwits on here spoiling every story that's published? As a fan of most forms of motorcycling/racing I'm fed up with the personal bickering and (usually) negative comments about (who are) the greatest exponents of the sport.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

There is - just don't scroll down to the forum comments or add your own pearls... You cretin.

Reply to this Topic
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

Ditto

MCN, hopefully there's a better answer to not reading the forum comments. Occasionally there are some insightful thoughts, and my feeling is that many people would be put off contributing because of a certain few. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Electronics...

"Many now believe the aggressive power delivery is what is causing the understeer issue, with the bike not able to hold a line when Rossi and Hayden open the throttle."

So the man who criticised the playstation generation for their reliance on electronics needs greater intervention of electronics to help his throttle control while the supposed playstation guy rode around the problem with apparently superb throttle control... another in Rossi's increasing repertiore of dumb comments that have come back to haunt him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Looks......

like the rider is the problem....sadly! , and it looks like we are going to find out this in the next few races . watch out for the satilite bikes , if they beat rossi at a consistant level , we know where the problem lies....:blink:

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

80 fortnights?

Are we in 80 fortnights now?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I hear you Ray C

HardlyLean, Milky, Moaner, and least not the biggest yellow Tutu wearer of them all - Wosi,  can be very tedious with their blithering invented fantasy.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

What to do now.

Aggressive power delivery. This is not a fault, every race bike should have this. What we're talking about here is a bit too aggressive engine or a harsh throttle response. A couple of things you can do one is to limit the power delivery and the other is to 'burn it like Casey' - which is spin the back wheel early so it does not suddenly 'dig in' off the throttle at the apex (resulting in not enough front wheel on the track and a wipe-out). A slow initial action throttle will help and engine manage (turn down - with electronics) the cranked over power curve. I'm surprised they don't seem to be using the Casey Stoner fuelling trick to get through this problem - JB must know about it(?) but it probably doesn't suit. I think the Ducati will go fast again but I don't know when.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Benny

Agreed, if it's so damned easy why aren't these guys out winning races themselves. Some of us have been out there and tried and found ourselves not to be good enough, but at least we tried. When you're wallying around mid pack on a grid full of 250LCs then you know you're not going to be a winner. Sure some people cheated a little more than others (I don't believe there was a single rider who's bike was completely legit) but I don't believe a few extra little tweaks on a production bike were ever going to pull me up from the mid field to a regular podium finisher. So I quit and spent time in the pits instead sometimes bikes, but mostly cars. It's all well and good spouting the theory (we can all do that 'til the cows come home) but when you've studied the masters and read Keith Code and you're still an also ran then you know it's harder than the armchair pundits would have you believe. It's no good sitting at home "knowing" that you know better than the riders out there doing it. You can't lay claim to that until you've been out there and won regularly yourself.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Benny...

...tell me the one about the flexible engine again, I like that one, it's a classic. :laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices