Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati make taming aggressive power delivery priority

Ducati will focus on taming the aggressive power delivery with its factory GP12 machine in a bid to make the new 1000cc Desmosedici a more competitive force in MotoGP. Reeling after witnessing Nicky Hayden and Valentino Rossi finish sixth and 10th in the opening race in Qatar earlier this month, Bologna technical staff will concentrate on taming the aggressive power delivery...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 April 2012 22:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Down the well in 80 seconds!

Yes Kenny, Flo will be very happy when he has the slowest bike through the corners AND in a straight line!

I guess though, it will be another excuse for the little punk to use, best he applies for a redundancy package.

btw, legend? Only in the art of illusion my friend... hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

oh my gosh

now we could see ducati 12.1 just after 1 race. goodness.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

THE BEAST

if ducati is uncontrollable, maybe cause it call THE BEAST. that's ducati. why you want to change the proven bike beast to ducamaha / duconda???? if you cann't ride just tell to public (that it's obvious seen by all of us).

why rossi always blame other people instead his skill less ability to tame real beast??? that's because he has average skill with motorcycycle thug / mob ways. he threated sete, he threated biaggi, he threated stoner but he got paid by lorenzo cause lorenzo not scare of him. AND BEAT HIM FAIR AND SQUARE WITH THE SAME BIKE. now we got enlightned right??? rossi is nothing but a mob rider. dangering other peoples life.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

that's funny

All this time I've been hearing about how the modern riders are pussies who can only ride the bikes because of the electronic gizmos, not like Rossi who tamed the fire-breathing beast of an nsr500 back in the days before traction control and would lap the entire field if we went back to them now.

How come he needs a smoother power delivery?

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Pity this forum didn't exist back when the big bang and screamer engine options were developed. We could have put the factories right on tailoring power delivery back then too. It's obvious that you don't need to tailor the power delivery of a GP bike and any rider who thinks you do is a wuss. For example Doohan was clearly a complete jessie for wanting Honda to change the power delivery of the NSR. Maybe not.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

weskit

that's what i mean buddy. that's what i mean too. if he said he tamed the 500, why now he wants smoother bike. and btw, stoner use LESS ELECTRONIC (ADMIT BY ENGINEERING AND OTHER RIDERS) compare to other ducati's. he just don't want to do dangering life race!!! is it a fraud?? NO. i say it means you love your life, love your family, kids, parents, etc that depends on you!. God bless.

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

I notice Jerry Burgess has been down graded from legendary crew chief to experienced crew chief,  come to think of it I haven't read the saying GOAT much lately.  Still it would be better all round if they did manage to sort the bloody thing out and we saw the Duke winning again,  I think moto GP needs it.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

I started following the GPs closely in 1976 and that year Suzuki dominated with one win each for MV Augusta (their last) and Yamaha. The early part of the following season looked promising for Yamaha, but again Suzuki dominated. For the next four years were a ding dong battle between Yamaha and Suzuki until it became a three way (if you ignore the result of Nogaro that is) when Honda started winning in 1982. Then for five years it was a two way battle between Yamaha and Honda. Suzuki's resurgence began in 1987. The point being that during most of that period the sport was dominated by one or two manufacturers and it was none the worse for it. It's good to have Ducati in there, but we don't need them to be challenging for wins in order for the sport to remain exciting. What the sport needs is multiple riders fighting for wins and to do that what we don't need is certain riders getting favoured status from Honda and Yamaha. Many brits will recall 1976 being dominated by Sheene, but it wasn't like Stoner's domination last year. Of the ten GPs that year Sheene won only half, with five other riders winning one GP a piece. That three of those riders were also Suzuki mounted suggests that Sheene wasn't getting preferential treatment from Suzuki. Racing was thrilling thirty or so years ago because the playing field was nearer level and that's what we need today. More riders being given bikes that are capable of winning - it wouldn't matter if they were all made by Honda as long as the racing was close. On the showing in Qatar that might be getting somewhere. A lot of people were expecting that top three to be in with a chance. What they perhaps weren't expecting was such a strong showing from Cal and Dovi. Assuming Spies was just off form from the knocks he'd taken he could put his Yamaha up there too. I only hope that Yamaha have the decency to give Cal and Dovi access to the good parts, particularly if it transpires that Spies doesn't live up to his promises. That way maybe we can get another season like 2000. Yes I know many would say it was a weak field, but 16 GPs with 8 winners that's the way it should be. I'd like to see Ducati solve their problems, but so long as we see closer racing with a greater variety of winners I don't give a chuff what they're riding. So long as it isn't a Sanvenero.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

jollyboy

you have correct suggestion, but it'll only slow the technology. with competition, all factory would pour lots of money to R&D. if you put them to one machine and only different set up, they would stuck with that machine. and they wouldn't reach the level right now. look how TC help in high speed control. it'll implement in real life. not just in sport. that's technology. and you must know where the money come from for R&D. yes you're right. from selling of that technology.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

gearboxes

http://www.zeroshift.com/assets/pdf/motorcyclist%20zeroshift.pdf

Zeroshift is rumoured to be the company working with Honda on developing the seamless shift gearboxes. They clearly think it's going to make its way into road bikes. Doesn't need to be fireblades and the same technology can be used in cars.

Honda sold 15 million motorcycles in 2009 (can't find more recent data). Half a million dollars is nothing, and the nature of R&D is that only 1 project in 50 might be profitable, but that 1 more than pays for the entire 50. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices