Skip to content

Discuss This Name the new Norton V4 Racer New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Name the new Norton V4 Racer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Name the new Norton V4 Racer

Stuart Garner and the engineers at Norton have been so focused on getting their new V4 racer built to compete at the Isle of Man TT (See the April 18 issue of MCN), that they met our question - 'What are you going to call it?' - with blank looks. They haven't thought of a name for it. So here's your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 10:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Not good enough!

You can't put a name to this bike without including Aprilia somewhere in it which is a big disappointment for anyone expecting an all British bike with the iconic name. Is Noton going to become the British version of Bimota?

Reply to this Topic
stewber

Apr 12

stewber says:

It has to be pheonix, as risen from the ashes, but why not do something different and spell it as FEENIX

Reply to this Topic
stewber

Apr 12

stewber says:

It has to be pheonix, as risen from the ashes, but why not do something different and spell it as FEENIX

Reply to this Topic
Pinewoodro

Apr 12

Pinewoodro says:

Norton

How about Norton Jubilee?

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Norton FastBack

In 1968 the Norton Commando was known as the Atlas III, before being given Its official *Commando" name on leaving the factory for the fist time. Simply known as the FastBack. Motor Cycle News awarded its prestigious "Machine of the Year Award" to the 1970 Norton Commando, based on a poll of their readers. Today, we'd call this the "Peoples' Choice Award". The Commando won this honor every year from 1968 to 1972. So how about something in keeping with Its heritage? The Norton FastBack!

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

FastBack

Last post (anon) was 69Fastback

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

+1 for jubilee

Like pinewoods suggestion. A patriotic link is good...

Reply to this Topic
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

Excuse me but wasn't the Jubilee built for a jubilee celebration?

MkIV Commando 1000, V4 Combat ....christ knows!

P.S. Almost all bike companies and a lot of car companies started using somebody elses engines or whole vehicle or copying them. It saves the cost of engine development i.e the Ducati Cycle - use owners money to develop new engine, build new engine, go bust & get sold to new owner, use owners money..........

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Wrong direction?

I really don't want to be cynical, but i'm a little dissapointed. I was expecting a snarling all new rotary, or a built in house V4?. This is more or less a CRT bike, It's got a Spondon chassis and  Aprilia engine.

If racing is the next step then Norton should have created a Commando 961 one make race series, like Harley Davidson has done with the XR1200 Trophy race series and Triumph did with the speed triple series. A cool series with close racing and no embarassment.

I really want Norton to grow as a company and rival Truimph again on an equal par, but i don't think this is the right direction to progress.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

Norton dont have the money to develop an engine,i agree its a pity it isnt there own engine but it should be a good bike.The other point of course is that nobody complained when bimota fitted jap engines and ducati engines into their rolling chassis.Then again  england is the home of the piss and moan about everything club.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices