Skip to content

Discuss This Name the new Norton V4 Racer New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Name the new Norton V4 Racer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Name the new Norton V4 Racer

Stuart Garner and the engineers at Norton have been so focused on getting their new V4 racer built to compete at the Isle of Man TT (See the April 18 issue of MCN), that they met our question - 'What are you going to call it?' - with blank looks. They haven't thought of a name for it. So here's your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 10:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Aciid_W1zard

Mar 05

Aciid_W1zard says:

Norton

No matter what Norton say about the new bike,it ain't a true Norton.Italian engine?,come on guys put a nice British engine into it.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa1963

May 10

jaffa1963 says:

Norton name

I'd call it the Norton Olympus. It sounds good, reflecting the image of a race bike and fits in with it being the year of the Olympics in the UK and

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

new norton

It's an aprilia so call it aprilia just what the British public don't want. Would suit motogp better as a CRT project. Not really a Norton though, more like a spondon aprilia built by Norton, What ever next? If Norton made a v4 I'm sure every Englishman would want one. This is a sad day for Norton, stop this now before this goes too far

Reply to this Topic
grk70

Sep 11

grk70 says:

Norton-MI WATCH say it slowly NORTON-BLANX black and Manx put together

Reply to this Topic
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

Norton......Aprilia......how about  calling it the Napi

Reply to this Topic
Dynspud

Apr 12

Dynspud says:

Name the new Norton V4 Racer

First of all, I think what Stuart Garner & the team at Norton are doing should be supported by all British bike fans. You've got to start somewhere and I am sure their own engines will follow in the future should this bike succeed and evolve.

In my opinion, the new racer should be called "AxIOM". The word axiom is derived from Greek origins including meaning "to deem worthy" and "being in balance", which seems spot on to me. The name also includes the letters IOM which give a perfect reference to the links with the TT and Isle of Man generally. Couldn't be better IMOH

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Im really hacked off with most of the derogatory comments here. this is a British company employing a British frame builder supporting British jobs & paying British taxes . this is a racing and marketing project which will get international attention. they are not throwing money away they don't have building a non proven engine. jeez lotus & Morgan used ford engines. ktm uses Audi for its crossbow. etc. The lads at Norton are more passionate than any of you because they are doing it and you aren't .

Reply to this Topic
magpiemale

May 06

magpiemale says:

norton name

How's about Viper4 ?

Reply to this Topic
stevowarrior

Jun 06

stevowarrior says:

How about

How about the Norton TT Pheonix