Skip to content

Discuss This Name the new Norton V4 Racer New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Name the new Norton V4 Racer

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Name the new Norton V4 Racer

Stuart Garner and the engineers at Norton have been so focused on getting their new V4 racer built to compete at the Isle of Man TT (See the April 18 issue of MCN), that they met our question - 'What are you going to call it?' - with blank looks. They haven't thought of a name for it. So here's your...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 10:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phil58grey

Sep 11

phil58grey says:

Norton

Congratulations to Stuart and crew with best wishes for the TT.  I'd call it the Norton Ghost as it represents a poke in the eye for all the moan and groan that has killed our industry or sent it else where. 

Reply to this Topic
rod955i

Oct 10

rod955i says:

Norton Name

Spartan

Scorpion

Photon

Pulsar

NvR1 (Norton V Racer 1)

Reply to this Topic
johnbsa

Apr 12

johnbsa says:

NORTON NAME

I quite like the name NORTON PHOENIX to recognise the rebirth of serious Norton Racing. John

Reply to this Topic
mickra

May 08

mickra says:

Norton V4TT

The ENVY.....

Reply to this Topic
Jackspratt

Dec 04

Jackspratt says:

How about...

..the "Norton Big4", a 633cc side valve plodder made from 1907. This would tie it to Norton's history, and is almost a faintly ridiculous but affectionate parody. The Norton Cavallo, would be fine for the Turin version...

Reply to this Topic
mrblistershifter

Jan 10

NORPRILIA ????

Nice effort but wished they would have developed their own engine.  I used to have a 1970 Dunstall.  How about a tribute to the great Paul Dunstall  ??   It sounds better than Norprilia....

Reply to this Topic
Timdak1105

Apr 12

Timdak1105 says:

Norton name

How about 'Mountain Lion'? Mountain– obvious, built specifically for the Mountain circuit, Lion because it's British. I have to admit, I thought it a shame that the bike uses a 'bought-in' engine but then I read the article in MCN and there was the precedent! The first TT Norton used a 'bought-in' Peugeot engine. So let's all just enjoy watching it race and hopefully celebrate it's success. Good luck to the team.

Reply to this Topic
beavs

Apr 12

beavs says:

Norton V4 Racer

I've been going back in time for a historical name for the Norton! Back in 1927 a bloke by the name of Walter Moore designed a camshaft for a (new engine). He named it the (CS1). So that got me thinking about the new Norton! Here are my few suggestions. Norton CS1V4, Norton CS1V4R, Norton CSRV4,  Norton CSRV4R,  I just wanted to give the Norton a 21st century name! Cheers Beavs.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CleanBiker

Dec 02

CleanBiker says:

Name that Norton

What about a good old traditional Norton name.

One that fits the bill perfectly is Norton International:smile

Reply to this Topic
lee900cbr

Nov 09

lee900cbr says:

Norton V4

After reading your very motivating and British article on the new V4, I dont know how but these names came into my head.

Could just be that in these down times seeing a successful British manufacturer reminds me of what used to be great with Britian.

Here goes: (no particular order other than as they came into my ugly head)

V4 Olympic

Olympic V4

SG 37 TT

Source V4

Tribute V4

Heritage V4

Predator

Illusion (bit crap)

Generation

Linear V4 TT

Spondon TT or V4

Empire

V4 or TT with all makes them sound better, but hey what do I know, I called my Spaniel Murphy.

Cheers and congratulations to all the staff at Norton, maybe you could run for MP Stuart....

Lee

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices