Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner has urged MotoGP bosses to stop meddling with rules and regulations to have a period of stability to help the premier class prosper in the future.The Australian believes a lack of stability with technical rules in recent years has been the downfall of the series and contributed to small grid numbers and the huge expense...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 12:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

enter the dragon

stonsey laying it down just how he see's it , seeing he has lived and breathed racing in many a tournament since 3 years old i will give his words a strong merit. also its very refreshing to have world champion who is unafraid to speak out (and does often) at the organizers often self confusing juggling acts. i always enjoy stoner interviews , you can always expect a juicy truth to come shooting out that rarely gets spoken by others.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

bollocks, money rules it all

no mention then,of half million pound gear boxes then,just to gain a tenth of a second a lap, fk if they banned stuff like that ,and other high tech stuff,smaller teams might get a sniff  at it,and guys dont start and tell me that half a million quid gearboxes are gonna come down in price,and end up in your street bike ffs,yeah just like all those v5 hondas,and foggy wsbks in the second hand bike ads

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

What Casey seems to have forgotten is that the factories (with Honda at the forefront) made up the technical rules until this year, so have nobody to blame but themselves if it got out of hand and too expensive.

Now we need stability in the rules but also we need to rid the class of the people that caused the problem....the factory teams!   An all CRT grid using production derived (as opposed to superbike spec) engines would bring the crowds back, have bigger grids and cut costs hugely.  private teams could afford to go GP racing again for the first time since the demise of the RG500, and we would almost certainly see much more chassis innovation from the likes of FTR.Moriwaki etc than we currently have in MotoGP.

Ban carbon brakes, pneumatic valves and limit electronic assistance and you have almost an F1 bike championship where small teams can either build or buy a chassis to use with any number of different engines.

If a few riders decide to quit so what. It would soon be forgotten and the new series would carry on regardless :)

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

straight answer and good point of view

Another brilliant interview and a point of view. He is concerned for everyone in the championship especially with private teams that lacking of funds. Well done champ and keep it up.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Good points Casey. Get rid of the aids and million dollar gearboxes as well.

Reply to this Topic
Bagpuss1999

Apr 07

Bagpuss1999 says:

Sensible

Not a Stoner fan but the boy is talking sense.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Excellent statement.

He knows what he's talking about so take note because - he's right! This is not about Casey, this is about his sport, none of this would really benefit him but it would benefit others in the future. Good call.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Translation

"I can't win with these tyres so can we go back to some regulations I can win with and leave it there for a while"

This is all just an extention of his post race moan from last week. He'll be trying to make arm pump compulsory next hahahahaha! Somebody give the lad a milkshake.

Reply to this Topic
torryboy

Mar 09

torryboy says:

supermario

supermario you sir are a childish prat.the man speak sense and you put in a childish put down.please go back to watching cbbc!

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Translation #2...

Don't mess with the rules since I am on the best bike and team and I don't want the CRT or satelite machines to be too competitive. If everyone was on a Honda I would loose my advantage..... I wonder what would happen if Cal was on a Honda factory bike this year? Or would Melandri still be in MotoGP if he had been on the same bike as Casey. Or would Vale still be 30 seconds behind?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices