Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner urges rules stability in MotoGP

Reigning world champion Casey Stoner has urged MotoGP bosses to stop meddling with rules and regulations to have a period of stability to help the premier class prosper in the future.The Australian believes a lack of stability with technical rules in recent years has been the downfall of the series and contributed to small grid numbers and the huge expense...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 April 2012 12:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rules are rules live with them.

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

The man talks sense.

Reply to this Topic
hafidk

Apr 07

hafidk says:

The spirit of racing compiled into some great MotoGP clips.

http://youtu.be/7mPV3orMLwQ

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

YamahaGYTR

Indeed rules are rules, but what Moaner is moaning about this time is that the rule makers can't stop changing the rules. They've only just changed from 800cc to 1000cc and intoduced CRT and they are talking about other rule changes. In order to change the rules you need to know what's wrong with the current rules. That the authorities already want to change to rules suggests a couple of possibilities; Firstly that this is an admission that they didn't do the job right the last time round; Or secondly that they are just changing the rules for the sake of change. When you look at the discussions between Suzuki and Dorna last season you can see pretty clearly that the sticking point was that Suzuki did not think it was financially worthwhile developing a bike for the new 1000cc rules. Now you can blame the world economic situation for that if you like, which is very much what the spin doctors have done. However you have to wonder if it would not have made more sense to make more minor changes to the 800cc rules than to change to 1000cc.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

i agree

jolly. you cann't change rules so quickly like that. it's takes lots of money to change, R&D, etc to follow the rules. like i said, they must fire ezpelata.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

i agree

jolly. you cann't change rules so quickly like that. it's takes lots of money to change, R&D, etc to follow the rules. like i said, they must fire ezpelata.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

How about

just having an open class, then different ideas on how to get the fastest lap times an be explored. maybe one team might go for out and out power, but you can guarantee someone will make a sweet handling bike and ride round them on the corners, pick your own cc your own tyre and just race. Now that would be entertaining.! On the whole though I have to agree with Stoner, and by god that hurts.

Reply to this Topic
den420

Jul 11

den420 says:

Totally agree...

If only MotoGP could somehow stick with certain rules there would be more teams and manufacturers on the grid. There might even be a chance that satellite teams become consistent podium contenders. MotoGP is getting so imbalance and boring because of all the changes and not to mention the financial crisis that they're facing. More changes means less expenses. Less changes = better or equal competition.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

For once stick with the current set of rules instead of making changes to them the more bikes on the grid the better.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Well it had to happen one day I suppose. I cannot stand moaner, but I totally agree with everything he's said about rule changes. How exactly can the teams save money, when they're constantly changing the rules so they have to redevelop engines, electrics, frames and weight ETC!

It also makes for boring and predictable racing. Why have just one tyre manufacturer? Why have just four cylinder engines? The constant rule chages just make no sense! Now they've realised their mistake at letting CRT bikes compete in motoGP they now need to slow down the factory bikes. Bonkers, just complete bonkers!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle