Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

Honda has joined Yamaha in distancing themselves from the possibility of signing Valentino Rossi in a shock deal for the 2013 MotoGP world championship.The Italian’s future is already the subject of intense speculation after his disappointing and frustrating start to the new 1000cc era in Qatar earlier this month.The 33-year-old struggled home in 10th place and expressed frustration after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

shafted then

Unless Ducati can give him a decent bike he'll be out of motogp at the end of the year.  Still if he goes to WSBK could be good for viewing figures.  Not so good for Motogp.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

cannot ever see Rossi going to a 'second rate' championship like WSBK, once he's done with motoGP i think it'll be four wheels (most likely rally) or nothing. Although having said that, the challenge of becoming multiple motoGP and WSBK world champion may be highly motivating for him

It's a shame how the mighty has fallen but most of it has been brought on by himself

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

WSBK

I would love to see him in WSBK. Whatever he does he will always be the GOAT.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Only chance left

His only chance of being on a factory team from this point on is to sign with Ducati again, if they'll have him.  Yamaha and Honda can't afford to have team mates taking points off each other, risking missing out on individual and constructor title.

Marquez will no doubt replace Pedro in the near future as Stoner's team mate anyway.

Even a satellite Yamaha or Honda from Tech 3 or LCR is out of the question as their factory counterparts heavily influence who gets a seat.

Gresini is capable of offering a satellite ride.  Not sure if Vale would be interested in a 3rd rate bike which is only a little better than a CRT.

I can't see Rossi and Burgess putting together their own team in such short order either.  This isn't outdoor MX or supercross simplicity where the likes of Chad Reed can simply get the bike ready, grab some sponsors and go racing.

Lots of contract negotiations to go on this year but I don't see Lorenzo and Stoner swapping bikes.  Hard to predict what is going to happen to Hayden and Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
hotrider7

Sep 11

hotrider7 says:

ROSSI OR DUCATI

llloks like anytime someone else hits the news , ROSSI OR DUCATI come with some more crap advertising, get some results then its worth reading.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

He could end up having to take a massive wage cut to join a decent satellite team like Tech3 or LCR. The options just arent there for him anymore.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

Rossi just doesn't do ordinary, if he is not on the Ducati next year expect it to be extraordinary, he has millions in the bank and sponsors fighting over him

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

X2

His only chance of being on a factory team from this point on is to sign with Ducati again, if they'll have him. Yamaha and Honda can't afford to have team mates taking points off each other, risking missing out on individual and constructor title.

Totally agree with your first sentence bud, he's burnt his bridges with the Japs (but not Suzuki..........there could  be a story there 'possibly'), but not the second. I honestly don't believe Vale has it in him to run with these guys anymore.

I would'nt want to see him in WSBK as it's an 'ex GP riders graveyard' in my eyes. Rossi's better than that. Maybe he can kick back for a while and then come back as a team owner? He has loads of experience to pass on and i can't think that finding funding would be a problem.

Reply to this Topic
screamer69

Oct 05

screamer69 says:

Leasing his own bike is the answer..

...he has plently of resources to afford a Honda or Yamaha Works bike if he is willing to run his own team and is still willing to race bikes and not Rally cars.

Reply to this Topic
kendizx9r

Oct 04

kendizx9r says:

maybe audi can help him with his troubles

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle