Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

Honda has joined Yamaha in distancing themselves from the possibility of signing Valentino Rossi in a shock deal for the 2013 MotoGP world championship.The Italian’s future is already the subject of intense speculation after his disappointing and frustrating start to the new 1000cc era in Qatar earlier this month.The 33-year-old struggled home in 10th place and expressed frustration after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

championship

"stoner will hammer everyone this year and as far as i can see for the forseeable future as well".....now the prats that keep cutting pasting other people`s comments can copy this and if i`m wrong can post it down my throat as much as they like.....what the fans who think rossi is this goat thing don`t like is that someone has come along (before he`s retired)and done to rossi and the rest wat rossi used to do......his crown hasn`t so much slipped as been wrenched off by stoner as he`s flown off into the distance.....oh and as for not knowing stoner would have won 5 championships in last 5yrs just look what he`s done since he swung his leg over it...come on it`s obvious.....but all the rossi followers are allowed to say if he was on a top bike he`d be champion again....i don`t think so,stoner has took it to a level beyond his reach

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

GOAT thing

Hahahaha i actually LOL at that. GOAT thing as if he is some creature!As i recall first time Stoner swung his leg over a Honda he spent quite a bit of time in the gravel his début season in 2006? Why didn't he stay with Honda then if it was such a good bike? why didn't he stay and win the next 5 years? Now i am not bashing Stoner, he did do quite well in his début season but i am just trying to get my point across to simple simon. Also simon i don't think the Rossi fans are annoyed that someone has come along, "before he's retired" (LOL) and done what he has done to other as you say, i think its more the fact that there's people like you that come onto this forum and bash rossi at every opportunity whether good or bad and the same can be said about Stoner. A fair few people on here can not contribute to an article without having a bash at these two riders.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Oh dear Simon

You say "that ducati did not change from 2007 to 2011".

Are you sure that's correct?  I'm pretty damn sure that the 2007 and 2008 Ducati had a steel trellis frame, whereas the 2009, 2010, 2011 (up until Aragon or similar) had a carbon fibre monocoque chassis.  That's quite a massive difference, more of a revolution as opposed to an evolution.  It also gained a carbon swingarm between 2007 and 2008, but i'm not sure exactly when.  There were probably also changes to electronics packages and engine internals.

You are quite right though, Rossi fans do keep contradicting themselves on this whole development issue. 

As is well documented, Furusawa gave Rossi various chassis/engine options to evaluate and choose from back in 2004.  Rossi, Burgess, and Furusawa worked together (critical word that) to develop the bike from there to what it was when Rossi left in 2010.  Granted there will have been feedback given by multiple riders along the way; Rossi, Edwards, Lorenzo and the Yamaha test riders will all have been canvased for their opinion on the performance of the bike and it's subsequent upgrades, but the feedback of their number 1 rider (Rossi) will have had the most influence, so my view is that Rossi's feedback was vital in the evolution of the M1.

How it appears now (to me at least) is that Rossi and Burgess are providing the feedback to Preziosi, but for some reason they can't seem to quite get the package right for Rossi which gives him the confidence to push the front like he usually does (although Hayden and Barbera seem to be able to, but that's another matter).  It could be all manner of things which are causing this, from chassis geometry to enginer position to chassis flexibility (and a heap of other things which are far too technical for me).  It will come with time, and a lot of hard work.  They also need a new in-house test team, Vito and Franco just aren't quick enough otherwise this problem would have been sorted along time ago.

Remember that this is Ducati's first foray in to twin-spar aluminium chassis development (I could be wrong on that, please don't crucify me if I am), and they will need to try lots of things to try and resolve the issues Rossi is having.  How many collective years have Yamaha and Honda been developing these chassis?  It's also worth noting that the other riders must be having the same issues, but it's impacting on their riding style less (and good on them).  Let's not even begin to cloud the issue with the impact that electronics could have on chassis performance (Casey was blaming electroncs for the chatter issue he and Pedrosa experienced at Qatar).

What I found interesting about Qatar is that Rossi was able to lap faster at the end of the race than he was at the start, to me that means that the extra grip he has on new tyres is having a negative impact on the chassis setup and bike behaviour.  For the situation to move forward, Rossi needs an updated chassis which responds differently at Jerez, and then at each round until the problem is cured.  This is not necessarily an expensive take, just time consuming on the basis that the contracted riders are not allowed to test between races.

Now, is anyone still awake?

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

at least i stirred it up!!

love the passion guys.......seriously i would like nothing better than rossi fighting wheel to wheel with stoner and lorenzo...no point mentioning pedrosa he collapses as soon as u show him a wheel.......i`m sorry to say that he`s made a terrible mistake cos that duke is gonna take a long time to sort......unfortunately hes got no factory options.....i hope he gets his own team,get a yam or honda and use his wedge to buy any upgrade parts they won`t give him....that`s the only way we`ll see him at the front again....but if his style is different to stoner or lorenzo he may be in just as bad a situation cos then he`s riding a bike built around people with different styles to his own......this maybe the end of seeing rossi at the front (but i hope not)

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

cacleaner

have u been on.....come dine with me?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I always knew it it would never happen Rossi returning to old pastures reasons why left HRC under a cloud and Yamaha no need to explain that one.

Reply to this Topic
hafidk

Apr 07

hafidk says:

Valentino Rossi is the spirit of racing in MotoGP. Some clips from his greatest victories.

http://youtu.be/kSxHufPhw18

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

No simon

But i can sense the mischief in your posts. Some good opinions coming out now,  We may not all agree on most things , but we all can see Spies  loves bittie

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Ohhh Yes

Spies definitely loves bittie!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

tris

Arguably a major reason for Stoner’s 2007 win was because the Ducati had the superior Bridgestone tires and a much higher top speed.

The obvious 'counter argument' being Vales many, many 'overnight Michelins' season UPON season and his vast experience at this level compared to Stoner's first year on a factory bike? Grasping at straws springs to mind bud.

As usual another thread turns into a Stoner/Rossi bash. I love it. Vales brigade won't accept it's his problem as apposed to Ducati's, and Stoner's brigade get the 'best bike comments' thrown at them.

It's gona be a long season for many here ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices