Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

Honda has joined Yamaha in distancing themselves from the possibility of signing Valentino Rossi in a shock deal for the 2013 MotoGP world championship.The Italian’s future is already the subject of intense speculation after his disappointing and frustrating start to the new 1000cc era in Qatar earlier this month.The 33-year-old struggled home in 10th place and expressed frustration after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

vtwin

"If you for one minute believe that Rossi jumped on a bad bike, and within a couple of tests, went out and won the first race, without any input from Yamaha's obviously inept engineers, then nothing that I, or anyone else can say, will change your mind......"

No, I don't for one minute believe that or for any other time frame.  You misread my post.  I finished it by saying that Rossi didn't develop the bike, merely set it up,  so I don't know how you got that idea.  But if you think for 55.3 femtoseconds that the 2003 bike was the same as the 2004 bike then perhaps something I or others could say might change your mind but there's not much point if you're not going to read the post properly.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Mike2265

I apologize for not reading your post correctly, and getting the wrong end of the stick. In my defense, it was well past midnight here and had been a long day. No offense intended

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

@ ccb So to sum up your post, of the current riders, Rossi is the only one who won on talent, whereas the other guys win because of bike advantage.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

disco

Not at all, Lorenzo stoner and Rossi all won their titles due to talent, but they were also aided by having a great bikes and a slight machinery advantage over the competition.

At this moment in time, unlike many others in here i dont think you can split Stoner and Lorenzo with a fag paper, they are that evenly matched. respectively titles well earnt.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Cleaner...

"Lorenzo stoner and Rossi all won their titles due to talent, but they were also aided by having a great bikes and a slight machinery advantage over the competition."

So Rossi has the talent to ride crap bikes to victory?... cool... when does he start?

In my view they all used the machinery they had to great effect (which is what motor racing is all about). The fact that one rider can get more out of a bike than another doesn't mean it's a better bike, just that the pairing works. Even a faster bike isn't necessarily a benchmark for saying it's better... the Ducati is currently the fastest bike on the grid but the riders can't use that speed to their advantage... if another rider could (like in 2007) would it become the best bike on the grid?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Hedgey

Twisting my words lol. My point more than anything is ten years back or so it was the talented rider could win titles on inferior machinery,but not any more.

Stoner is the prime example, everyone and there dog is now trying to eleviate him to a god like plato on the back of last years title. That he is lightyears great than anyone else out there. So what happened in 08, 09, 010???

IMO it was he was riding inferior  equipment that held him back and mask the true talent he has. He wasnt able to 'ride round its problems' as many on here would have you believe, he was held back.

Rossi on the better equipment ie the Yamaha took two titles in that time, but if stoner had been on equal equipment  it may have been one less. The roles are now reversed

NO imo technology has surpassed the riders ability to win consistently if their bikes not as good as the competiton. Let alone become a champion.

Preziosi has been left way behind by the Honda and Yamaha engineers and has a hell of a job to catch up.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

Appologies for word twisting :biggrin:

"IMO it was he was riding inferior  equipment that held him back"

Yet on the Ducati Stoner won more races than the combined efforts of Dani & Dovi on the Honda... even taking out 2007! It took him to rejoin Honda for them to take the advantage over Ducati... each season he ws less than a race win behind the lead Honda rider. All of a sudden because a rider can ride the bike it's a win with a mechanical advantage?... sounds like Rossi joining Yamaha to me... so was that a mechanical advantage you mentioned?... or a rider getting the most out of a bike?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Hedgey

Both i would say. stoners ability and the bike. Its fair to say between 08 and 010 the Yamaha was the best all round package out there, but at the end of 010 the honda was showing it had caught up with better race results.

Jamie made the point earlier lucky can play a part in many a brilliant riders career.Rossi til this point has joined the right team at the right time, So has Stoner, 07, 11, its the teams ability to stay ahead of the competition that can make the difference now. Which Ducati couldnt manage for stoner. and now Rossi

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

OH C'MON DUDES

we always go round and round and round againnnnn!!!!!!!!!! it's not rossi whose developted yamaha. it's furusawa ok???? did i must posted interview with furusawa again??? rossi is finished. hey carcleaner, strokey, etc, if you the president of yamaha and honda, you see you pay lorenzo, stoner, half of rossi's AND you see actually rossi has no tooth to bite anymore, do you think they would hire rossi????? for what??? he'll retire soon and motogp going to die. they must promote other rider. just like they promote rossi after doohan. and it's proven that it's not rossi whose developted honda and yamaha. he only gave input about the bike and JB suggest to engineering to made the change. they are team. you think rossi whose gave suggestion to engineering???? wipe JB out of garage than. actually JB already sacrifice too much. commit that rider with the same skill (even more) than rossi would come to motogp. look bradl. look at him at qatar. he took 6 more than half race if i'm not wrong. it's his first time ever. realize it. rossi is fade away. some remember him as great, some as mob/thug rider, some goat(god of ass talk), but i remember him all of it. ok? he gave motogp something special. but he must realize that his time is fading. look cal. look at him last year. he look shit. but he fight with dovi so clean and fair. that's a good rider for me. so peace man. admit it that rossi has weakness. don't blame factory, or other rider, or the bike, etc. that BULLSHIT. THE BEST BIKE, THE BEST RIDER, THE BEST SET UP and SOME LUCK would make a new world champion. that's it not less. God bless.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BTW

look at rossi's picture above. looks like face someone has got pump in the ass eh? LOL. i know why he cann't tame ducati. his ass shaking so much. LOL. ok ok. that's bad joke. cann't help it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices