Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

Honda has joined Yamaha in distancing themselves from the possibility of signing Valentino Rossi in a shock deal for the 2013 MotoGP world championship.The Italian’s future is already the subject of intense speculation after his disappointing and frustrating start to the new 1000cc era in Qatar earlier this month.The 33-year-old struggled home in 10th place and expressed frustration after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yeah...

You're a self confessed troll so no name calling

Or maybe when you don't know the facts?

I know them... you know that.

Or maybe when the facts don't suit?

Your argument or mine? It's yours I'm disputing.

Or maybe when you don't knowledge facts?

Knowledege facts?... yeah right...

Or maybe when you avoid giving straight answers to straight forward questions?

Don't pose questions then... present facts... they speak for themselves.

Still, if that's the best you can do - I'll know what to expect next time.

For you, always :biggrin:

... anyways I'm off out... seeya :wink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

HEDGEHOG Fight!!!!!! cock fighting maybe banned but bring on the Hedgy's

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

So what was we arguing about?

Right from the the moment Rossi signed for Ducati i've been saying can Ducati actually build a bike to beat Honda/Yamaha. If you take Stoner out of the equation then what have they actually won. Loris had a couple of wins. Troy won one or two,but thats it. Apart from Stoner nobody else has even come close.

Going back to one of the earlier discussions about V4 engines, I think you'll find the Honda is also a V4 and the V4 configaration is generally regarded as the best. If Motogp does go the CRT route in the future then I think we'll be seeing alot more V4 road bikes appearing.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Loris is the only rider to have beaten Stoner on the 800 bike. Ducati could have had two titles 2006 if Capirossi did not get taken out by his team mate.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

GOD ONLY KNOW`S....

There are a fair few "religious" type`s on this `ere forum,I`m waiting for one of`em to use that classic, {better than an excuse},line......" Rossi work`s in mysterious way`s ".        He certainly does !

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

To my knowledge I have never called you a defamatory name... but I stand to be corrected & apologise if I ever have.

"Rossi, Hayden, Bayliss, Melandri,... they can't or couldn't win a single race on a Ducati."

Not quite fact but close enough... & we'll ignore your exclusion of other champions Capirossi with 7 wins on Ducati's & Stoner's achievements of course.

"I'm am simply presenting facts"

... as pointed out above, you're selecting (nearly correct) facts to suit your point of view in this discussion... facts don't require acknowledgement... they are what they are... I'm not going to pat you on the back & say well done every time you get something right, & I'm not here to answer your blatantly loaded questions... their relevance, however, can be debated as can your obvious & deliberate exclusions. It would appear I'm not allowed that luxury in your book.

We both know that during their 1st 4 years, 2003 to 2006, riders on the Ducati performed poorly, coming only 2nd in 2003 followed by three 3rd placings in the constructors' championship... I wouldn't expect any different from a new team... YMMV. In 2007 their fortunes changed & they won the championship & they've been close behind or in front of Honda in the riders' & constructors' championship ever since, up until last year.

"Unlike Rossi , Ducati have a record of repeated failure."

Every bike & rider on the grid has a record of repeated failure... Rossi has failed to win a title 2 years in a row & failed to win a race since 2010, as he failed against Ducati in 2007... is he a failure? Honda hadn't won a title since 2006... a record of repeated failure... Stoner failed to win several races last year... an obvious failure... he repeated it 7 times! The Ducati was winning races... it won more than Honda 2007 to 2010 amid repeatedly failing along with Yamaha & Honda, not to mention Suzuki & Kawasaki, as each won or lost races.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

carcleanerdude

i read your posted and i would say it keep degrading for smart people around here. you must be #1 rossi fan i'm sure. why you started blaming ducati like rossi??? if rossi tell you eat shit, i'm sure 1000000000% you'll eat it! ducati already CHANGE FRONT TO BACK, UP TO BOTTOM FROM MIDDLE OF LAST SEASON. do you want to know what they haven't change yet???? YES. THE MACHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my goodness. rossi already make ducati to be A DUCAHAMA already. he already twist the hands, body, legs or whatever except the heart. what he want to do again??? what he wishes more???? he cann't ride it. he better stop blaming other people or the bike CAUSE WE ARE NOT STUPID ENOUGH LIKE ALL OF HIS FANS!!!!!!!! you talk crap buddy. i cann't read that anymore. just like i stop reading that idiotic WOSHITDOG threads. stop it. or maybe you are idiot enough to believe all of it. who cares!

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

ch987

ducati did build a bike to beat yamaha/honda......right up till the end of 2009.....remember stoner won the last 4 races of 2009......the problem ducati got is they didn`t realise just how good stoner is.......he put the honda satellite bike on pole in only his 2nd ever race in motogp......if stoner had stepped off the ducati and onto suzuki i can tell u now they would be up at the sharp end or possibly even winning

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Simon...

"remember stoner won the last 4 races of 2009"

What? :blink:

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

lol lol lol

love throwing random shite i about stoner .....then watch the rossi lovers spitting it back.....here`s another........casey won 10 times 1st year on a duke,6 times 2nd year,4 times 3rd year( but missed 3 rounds through illness) and 3 times 4th year...and had 41 podiums.......rossi...a lucky podium in france

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle