Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Honda or Yamaha return unlikely for Valentino Rossi

Honda has joined Yamaha in distancing themselves from the possibility of signing Valentino Rossi in a shock deal for the 2013 MotoGP world championship.The Italian’s future is already the subject of intense speculation after his disappointing and frustrating start to the new 1000cc era in Qatar earlier this month.The 33-year-old struggled home in 10th place and expressed frustration after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

See, ya say this...

"None of the things ive had to say are to put stoner down , or in anyway undermine his achievements."

... then ya say this...

"...each has had a dominant year due to having an edge in machinery over the other."

... with no evidence (how could anyone possibly have evidence that one bike is better than anther when we've seen how a bike can be ridden well by one rider & yet be an unhandleable beast to another).

"A huge issue with anything posted on these forums ,is that Fans of riders dont want to believe anything is, or ever was the fault or a weakness of their favorite rider or a bike they have ridden."

You, on the other hand, will never accept that one rider (in combination with the correct bike) is/was actually better than another, continually undermining them with your unsupported best-bike theory.

You say that the 1000cc has levelled the field but Stoner was winning by over 2 seconds... he lost... yay... he's gonna have to be careful 'cos if he starts winning it'll be due to a slight mechanical advantage again!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Jes,, hedgey

I think you just want to start an argument for the same of it at time and just twist others word on purpose.

Ok , your right in the sense that absolutely no one can say which is the best bike out there because its impoosible to truly gauge. But common sense and logic does indicate IMO that if a certain brand of Motorcycle is finishing high in the results theyve got it right.

How else do you explain the fact that Yamaha took three world titles in a row from 08 to 010 , after Caseys dominant Championship win in 07? logic indicates certain things, does it prove it in your eyes? no.

in response to your last statement, i believe theres not much between Lorenzo and stoner ,and it will never be truly proved who is better unless they raced side by side on the same bikes for afew seasons. As this is never likely to happen, i'l just stick with my opinions if its all the same with you.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

and if ya gonna quote me

Dont just pick out one sentence , use the whole paragraph which explains the true context of what i was saying., instead of linking it up with another that makes it sound contradictory.

Your not a SUN journalist are you??????

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The nature of a prototype championship

Means that there will aways be conjecture as to why certain riders have won championships.

The only way to remove that is to stick them all on the same bikes with the same tyre ( like the old R6 cup in the uk) and see who comes out on top. This will never happen, so we'l always have varying beliefs as who when what and why, but without that, life would be boring wouldnt it.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

Duh... because one sentence contradicts the other... you don't want to undermine Stoner's achievements but  his last win was due to having a mechanical edge... you're entitled to your opinion but if you come on here voicing it then you should expect it to be challenged unless you have evidence or clearly state that it is just an unsupported opinion. You posted a criticism of other peoples' opinions but won't accept criticism of yours?

... & I expect people to stand by what they say or retract... what in the rest of that paragraph turned the statement around (& therefore in itself contradicted) what I have quoted?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

hedgey

Do YOU have any evidence to say Stoner didnt have a mechancial edge?

Does anyone have any proof Rossi was given or had advantages during his 7 world titles in top flight?

No  i thought not, its just an opinion based on common sense and a degree of logic

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

and hedgey

seeing as ive asked you a question to back my statemnets why not try answering it??

Because it will show im not undermining stoner and your response to me is wrong

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

The factories must be idiots, right? Why wouldn't they want to hire the best rider, the best racer, with the best sponsorship and the bestest REAL race fans. All real race fans know that if Rossi was back on the M1 that he developed the would be smashing the young pretenders since they are only winning due to mechanical advantage now. I hope the factories hurry up and wake up to their own stupidity. Any REAL race fan knows that MotoGP is dying and needs VR winning for it to be successful.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

CCB...

"Do YOU have any evidence to say Stoner didnt have a mechancial edge?"

Nope... which is why I'd never say he didn't... or I'd be as bad as you... I'm just saying you can't state he did as though it's fact rather than your seemingly biased opinion.

"Does anyone have any proof Rossi was given or had advantages during his 7 world titles in top flight?"

Apart from what may have been released in the press regarding tyres & parts, no... ok?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I hope your wrong he's done it to death for honda and yam. Hopefully Audi will loosen the purse strings and open up some new technological and manufacturing opportunities for Ducati. Only two thngs haven't changed at duke the engine and Presiozi, I'd get rid of both becuase if he was half good he'd already know the engine was a problem, unless of course it's a marketing thing and I wouldn't put it past them and of course unless th erumours are false that ducati have a new engine to fit the chassis in production... N point mareting a design if it doesn't work... Still expecting Rossi to win on the duke but they ain't half as savvy or well equipped as the japs so it'll take longer... Expecting them to podium later in the year, bar Casey and Jorge there ain't a lot of competition outside the actual bikes.. but the bikes are good and you need a good one.. Go Rossi, Go Nicky, Go Ducati!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices