Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will new Norton V4 race bike finish the TT? TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Poll: Will new Norton V4 race bike finish the TT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will new Norton V4 race bike finish the TT?

The new Norton V4 race bike hss been unveiled this morning on the Isle of Man and the latest issue of MCN has the full story of its development – Norton started building the bike around an Aprilia V4 engine and Spondon chassis just six weeks ago and have just 37 days before the TT. So, can they do it? Do...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 16:57)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

I think Stuart Garner has done a great job with Norton, but sometimes he veers off course with gimmicky ideas like this which is clearly not a Norton.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

IF..............

They can get Rossi to ride it,{ not many option`s left for him },he should make it to the bottom of bray hill,before dumping it and telling anyone who`ll listen how unrideable it is.

Reply to this Topic
rjowitt

Aug 02

rjowitt says:

Norton V4

I dont htink finishing or not finishing is really the relevant question. Its a question of whether Norton can put in a respectable showing which they and all fans of the marque can be proud of. With so little development time and such a stunningly strong and quick field of competition, I think they will have their work cut out. I however, will be rooting for them and so should everybody else because the event is much the better for their presence and involvement.

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

The Norton

Looks stunning. I dont care if the chassis was designed by Lawrence Lllewellyn Bowen and the engine is from a Chinese ebay bike, I'll get behind it! It's mostly British

Off topic: Shouldn't Triumph be looking at building a Superbike by now???

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Go on

Get stuck in norton and get a good rider so the action will be there!!

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Backstreet Lash-up?

What can I say, I'm a funny guy!

It's a very tasty looking backtreet lash up benny I must say.

British design, British chassis, British Electronics, British in its conception, assembled in Britain using British hands, many British components, Italian brakes from a company that began by importing Brakes from Britain.

That's about as British as you can get nowaydays. By the way, is Ducati is Chinese? that must be right, 95% of their components are manufactured in China. Is that right? And any bike that runs Ohlins is swedish? And by that logic, Aprilia's famous RSV Mille is Austrian? I'll let you work that one out yourself...

Not sure who Bird and Garner are? Custard manufacturers? Is MotoGP testing also a publicity stunt for the main manufacturers?

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Norton?

Apart from the sticker is any of it Norton? Spondon, Aprilia, brembo, Ohlins etc etc / cheaper just to stick black plastics and a sticker on a blade.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

When the Norton rights (not the company, there was no company left) were bought up four years back much fuss was made of the upcoming projects. Here we are four years on and this is all we have? It might be a good bike (it might not too) but anybody with the money could have bought Aprilia engines and got Spondon to build a chassis round it. They're bragging about building it in six weeks? So WTF have they been doing since 2008?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The engines reliability is unquestionable so it is likely to finish the course. Are Spondon stuck in a time warp? the reason I ask is that the frame and swing arm have a distinctive 90's look to them. I' sure it will handle Ok though.

Reply to this Topic
djjonnibgood

Sep 07

djjonnibgood says:

We've all seen top quality "factory" Hondas breaking down at the TT, so there is every chance that the bike won't make it round 6 laps.If it doesn't break down and has an experienced TT pilot on board, then i'm sure that it has every chance of a podium.We've all seen Biaggis RSV4 go in a straight line, and there's a few straights to tackle on the island..

Do "Norton" own the spondon group now anyway? So technically the chassis is sort of built in house

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices