Skip to content

Ask an Expert farther & son first tour. Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > farther & son first tour.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

scoter1234

Apr 12

scoter1234 says:

farther & son first tour.

I was after some advice on mine & my dads first bike tour. we're planing on riding 5-7days starting from Taunton, heading for the coats towards Plymouth, then heading west towards Brighton, then still on the coast head north up to Leeds, then head back towards Wails, eventually back where we started, trying to avoid as many motorways as possible. Reading MCN (April 18th) about the chap traveling 1300miles in 3days, (we took in a lot of info), we'd thought we would have a go. We are both riding CBR 900's and are pretty well mechanically minded, any advice would be great help, thanks Scott & Pete. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 April 2012 19:48)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
skoota1

Apr 12

skoota1 says:

could do......

......england does offer some hidden gem roads n views its true, but for a first tour i think you should try and see something spectacular so it will make you want to do it again and again! i did the alps for my first tour with just a tent and it was ace! definately look at wales though, there are some great roads and views up there. obviously scotland too. or peak district :smile

Reply to this Topic
Paul985

May 12

Paul985 says:

Touring

What skoota said really, you want to go to places that will amaze you so you want to do more ride outs, and dont forget there is always europe..its a big place.

Good luck with the tour . 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices