Skip to content

Discuss This Audi confirms Ducati purchase General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Audi confirms Ducati purchase

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Audi confirms Ducati purchase

Car manufacturer Audi has confirmed the purchase of Ducati. Last week Ducati insiders told MCN an announcement on the deal would be made this week, and that the purchase will be presented as being a 75th birthday present to VW chairman Ferdinand Piech. Rupert Stadler, Chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, declared: “Ducati is known worldwide as a premium...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 April 2012 13:19)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Prestigious Engineering

Really pleased that it went to a prestigious engineering company! Now then...!!! Is a Ducati; Italian or German! Is a Norton V4; British or Italian! Who's really worried? As long as there's quality "progressive" engineering going into these machines, don't we, as riders, benefit all the way?

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

VAG

The company should now be known as D.A.V.E; Ducati, Audi, Volkswagen, Engineering. Another scalp for VAG, which has Porsche to it's name also.  Great news for the financial stability of Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

nice

Nice one audi

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Vorsprung durch "hello, RAC?" Yes, I've broken down again.......all my missus gets me for my birthday is socks!

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good luck Audi/Ducati

This is good news for Ducati for sure.  Good luck guys!

Reply to this Topic
mjaldridge74

Jun 09

mjaldridge74 says:

Get ready to buy oil!!

Lets hope the Audi guys don't get involved in the Ducati engine design, otherwise we will start to think that we are riding 2 strokes again.  My year old Audi A5 burns through a litre of oil every 1500 miles, all "within manufacturing tolerance" according to Audi.  And it's not just me, I have 3 friends who have Audi's with the same engine (2.0 TFSi 211 PS) and they have exactly the same problem.  Good cars yes.  Good engineering, mmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Watch out for the wounded animal I say.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Nice one mjaldridge

I thought it was just my A5 that went through oil like theres no tomorrow

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Waves at Ducati as they disappear

Had my volvo 2.0TDI for 2 1/2 years from new, I've done done 49,000 miles and it's never needed a drop of oil. Hopefully Audi will just throw money at the Ducati guys and stay well clear of any developement decisions.

Reply to this Topic
Droschke7

Jul 08

Droschke7 says:

wierd I drove Audi's in Germany for years and never had a problem with oil consumption. I'm just worried about 2WD or 4WD bikes but then I realised one already exists 2 tires/wheels on 1 axel with front and rear drive it's some massive American thing called a Tomahawk has a Viper V-10 500hp engine

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle