Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Audi's Ducati buyout - good thing? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Audi's Ducati buyout - good thing?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Audi's Ducati buyout - good thing?

Audi can spout all the boilerplate it likes about benefiting from Ducati's technical expertise in small engines, all we want to know is will its buyout be a good thing or not for the Italian firm? Is it a harmless vanity purchase by a German sugar-daddy who'll keep Ducati in treats and clean knickers or do you fear its influence will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 April 2012 17:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

vw and suzuki

are you all so quick to forget that fiasco?! Remember these big companies have to make however many units with a certain amount of carbon output

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

sponste

you quote audi drivers arrogant aresoles perfect match for ducati riders

clakeson says audi drivers are all cocks this make ducati and audi the perfect marriage

Reply to this Topic
mjaldridge74

Jun 09

mjaldridge74 says:

Buy oil now!

(repeat from previous post)  Lets hope the Audi guys don't get involved in the Ducati engine design, otherwise we will start to think that we are riding 2 strokes again.  My year old Audi A5 burns through a litre of oil every 1500 miles, all "within manufacturing tolerance" according to Audi.  And it's not just me, I have 3 friends who have Audi's with the same engine (2.0 TFSi 211 PS) and they have exactly the same problem.  Good cars yes.  Good engineering, mmmmmmmmmmmm

Reply to this Topic
tamashiihyu

Aug 10

tamashiihyu says:

awd

Can't wait to see the all wheel drive Duke!!!!!!!! 2x2 ! Lol

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Interesting photo MCN. ! Is that the best shot you could find? Nobody here has mentioned if they think Audi will trim the racing budget.

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

When Audi purchased Lamborghini it was an excellent thing, they began making cars with all the soul and passion you could want withe the advantage of being reliable and safe. i think they'll do the same with Ducati...

Reply to this Topic
Simon1967

Apr 12

Simon1967 says:

I hope Ducati will keep its Italian style and will not be made less exciting. Look what happened to Lamborghini, they probably are building safer and more practical cars than before, but they are also less flamboyant and exciting. Who wants Ducati to become a second BMW?

Reply to this Topic
eddypriem

Apr 10

eddypriem says:

audi's ducati buyout

I am the proud owner of a multistrada 1200S after I have been driving BMW motorbikes for years. I replaced the bmw for a ducati is I wanted to ride from A to B with more sensation, with more pleasure on the driving. The strada does it but in terms of reliability it is just the shadow of the bmw, the bike has been in the workshop for a great number of times: electronics, mapping, leaking öhlins, no rear break,... I definitely encourage the deal and hope that Audi will level up the technological aspects whilst keeping in the Italian soul. And please Mr.Audi, no diesel motorbikes, even if I love the audi cars. (I have a 3.0 V6 TDI Q5, best engine on the market!) eddy from belgium

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

it could have been worse

if they bought Suzuki.... the "suzi quatro"

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

RACING BUDGETT

GSR1969 has a good point about the racing budgett. I cant see them pulling the plug on WSB. for a couple of reasons 1. they have outstanding success in WSB 2. The development and heritage shows in their current range of bikes.Even my 749 has a WSB LOGO on it. MOTOGP is a diferent ball game. It has little to do with their current line up of bikes, is very expensive to compete in and at the moment they have a lot of adverse publicity and little success. I hope they dont pull the plug on MOTOGP because ti could be the death nell for that series but who knows     

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices