Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

If you’re fortunate enough to be able to stump up the £23,495 for the Tricolore version of the Ducati 1199 Panigale, you’re in for a treat. Not only do you get this sexy colour scheme included in the price, racing ABS and the latest-generation ‘Ducati Data Analyser’ (DDA+) datalogger, you get a pair of titanium Termignoni slip-on cans, which boosts power...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 April 2012 10:31)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Racing Budget

Don’t assume that Ducati has a lesser racing budget than the larger manufacturers – after all, they take cancer stick blood money.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Long Run?

Wonder if the Panigale (and the BMW S1000RR for that matter) would meet Honda's durability standards? There is a price to paid for extra power - of course, most of these Ducati’s will not get ridden enough for it to matter.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Journalists...

Journalists do not have to pay for test bikes, insurance, maintenance, and repairs, so their viewpoint is different from a bloke who earns his/her living. Of course, if you inherited money or got a cushy job through nepotism, then costs do not matter much either. For the rest of us, the Japanese bikes have equal real world performance at much lower cost and hassle.

And no doubt, there is if not racism, at least favoritism towards European products over Japanese (even if the “European” bikes are mostly sourced from parts made in SE Asia).

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Piglet

Ducati can get away with having a lower budget than the competition because the rules favour their bikes. Ducati fanboys who doubt this need to remember that Ducati openly threatened to withdraw from WSBK if they didn't get the 1200 twins rule.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

It looks like a fridge with sharp edges. Boring.

Reply to this Topic
postiepat

Jul 04

postiepat says:

Panigale et al

Oh dear Piglet, with ref. to Superbike racing, it would appear that you have little or no knowlege regarding engine configueration in relation to capacity/power output. Even the school dunce knows that a 1 ltr. V twin cannot make the same power as a 1 ltr. multi. This is why V twins are allowed a larger engine capacity to be able to compete with said multis. Even so, they still make less power, and generally lose out on the  fast circuits but have a marginal advantage on "slower" twisty ones. As for threating to pull out of WSB if they were not allowed a larger capacity, it makes for commercial nonsense to race in a series where you are at a huge dissadvantage because of the power differential. Simples, init !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
postiepat

Jul 04

postiepat says:

Panigale et al

Previous comments also for jollboy's benefit...

Reply to this Topic
bobby18

Apr 12

bobby18 says:

haha, some funny reading here, but I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion lol

Reply to this Topic
gavinfdavies

Aug 09

gavinfdavies says:

this is not a rich man's bike...

Why do people still think that even bikes like the Ducati Pannini are only for the super rich? £24k eh? For a bike that'll eat a typical Ferrari for breakfast? Bargain!

Or look it at the other way. What new car can you get for £24k? A Golf GTI Diesel. Woah. Let me calm down a minute there. The though of all that thrilling VW Golf experience... oh wait, what am I saying?! And that's not even the most expensive Golf!

Now, if I had some lovely Passat, or maybe a new 5 series things would be different...

I'd flog it, and buy a Ducati Pannini and a used Focus for £2000, and have some fun.

As it is I'm an apprentice on £10k a year, so I'll have to wait a bit before I can afford either a Gold or a Pannini, but lets guess what I'll be getting...

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

this is not a rich man's bike..

Gavin,

More to the point that this type of Ducati isn't generally the kind of bike one would be riding around on every day. Where as, a Golf GTI Diesel is the the kind of thing one would be seen driving every day. 

It's better to think of the Duc like a Ferrari as opposed to a V W.  If the Panigale had the same esteem as a Golf, it would be about 10 grand and I certainly wouldn't want one. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices