Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

If you’re fortunate enough to be able to stump up the £23,495 for the Tricolore version of the Ducati 1199 Panigale, you’re in for a treat. Not only do you get this sexy colour scheme included in the price, racing ABS and the latest-generation ‘Ducati Data Analyser’ (DDA+) datalogger, you get a pair of titanium Termignoni slip-on cans, which boosts power...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 April 2012 10:31)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Equivalence?

postiepat - Can you show us a proof that a 1,199cc L-2 is really equivalent to a 999cc I-4 or V-4? Maybe it is really 1,124cc, 1,149cc, or 1,174cc, in which case the Ducati has an unfair advantage over the Japanese bikes, Aprilia, and BMW?

In any racing series, once you get into “different but equivalent” rules, someone will end up with an unfair advantage; intentional or not on the part of the sanctioning body.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

piglet 2010 seems to have his knickers in a twist. The vast majority of Ducati's I have ever seen get ridden, often and hard. However they also get looked after because they are cherished. I had a 996R, bought in 2003 for 11k, sold in 2009 for 9K having been used as a track bike in the intervening time. So I lost 2K in 7 years. Seen that on any Japs bikes recently? Failings. Replaced the starter motor and flywheel came loose once, that's it. Went to box hill the other week, 2 blokes on Desmosidici's, they looked pretty ridden to me. A  number of other Ducati's all looked pretty used to me. So ducati detractors have used this arguement but it is less and less the case.

In recent years, there simply hasn't been any innovation from most Jap manufacturers. Ecomonic troubles, Sunami and the Yen. It is unfortunate. Don't forget they killed the European bike industry 20 years ago. So what is bad about a European comeback? The Europeans have come forward with ever new and interesting bikes. Look at the GSXR for example. Been made in 600, 750 and 1000 cc, each year power up, weight down, same shape, same ideas, same materials but what has really changed on them in the last 10 years. Dull.

As for WSB, Ducati entered the series with an advantageous format from the original rules, so what? Honda did the same in 83 in Motogp.In 2 strokes, v4's became the dominant format. In Motogp, in line 4's, in WSB V's whether 2 or 4. Honda seemed able to innovate. Initially they used a V4 for a number of years, then a V2 and now and inline 4, which just won race 2 in Assen. All these formats for them have been to their advantage saleswise. How come Suzuki, Kaa...waski and Yamaha cannot? Ducati's 1200's have both a weight and restrictor disadvantage.

It's great that BMW, KTM, Aprilia, MV, Triumph, Norton, Ducati, et al are doing very well.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Comparisons...

For all the top trumps schoolboy rhetoric about power and spec alot of people on here seem to have forgotten that this bike is over ten thousand pounds more expensive than a 'blade, will cost significantly more to service, and won't make you any better or faster at riding a motorcycle. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its a fantastic bike, however comparing it like for like with a bike half the price is a little silly. It would be interesting to see what would happen on a shootout if you bought a stock blade and spent the price difference upgrading it. Smilo, your argument of how durable Ducatis are when ridden hard is flawed, without the expensive servicing lavished on them they break down. A 'boring' Japanese bike will still be running without spending half its life on a workbench.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

There are a lot of comments about comparisons with cars on this story. It's getting a bit Max Power / boy racer sounding, while I see the need for comparisons, I really don't want to read about cars.

Toodlepip. 

Reply to this Topic
bananabiker

Jan 11

bananabiker says:

I Bought one!!!

I am fortunate....I have covered 1100 miles on the first tricolore to roll out of Ducati Glasgow.

I have covered a substantial area of the west coast of scotland from single track to open twisties and motorway. I have been through rain, hail, snow and glorious sunshine. The bike has been strapped down to three ferries and has carried my luggage.

Compared to my 1098 this bike is very very usable on the road. It has superb suspention and corners precisely. The back wheel will lift in sport mode before the ABS kicks in!!

The seating position is so much better!! Knowing that the electronics are there gives me more confidence. I understand the debate on this; for me it is a welcome safety net.

The warm seat (which is a wee bit hard) was great in the 6 degree temperatures. Expecting this to be hot in july!!

You can keep the BMW this bike is my dream come true.......

Reply to this Topic
Snuffeltiffie

May 12

Panigale Tricolore

:laugh: I am going on leave (am in Afghanistan) next month. Back home I will take delivery of my Panigale Tricolore. :laugh:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices