Skip to content

DUCATI Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale Tricolore first ride

If you’re fortunate enough to be able to stump up the £23,495 for the Tricolore version of the Ducati 1199 Panigale, you’re in for a treat. Not only do you get this sexy colour scheme included in the price, racing ABS and the latest-generation ‘Ducati Data Analyser’ (DDA+) datalogger, you get a pair of titanium Termignoni slip-on cans, which boosts power...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 April 2012 10:31)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

£23,495

You can get a Harley for that :-0............ or get a simply stunning piece of Italian moto engineering with cutting edge performance, handling and brakes that work.

I know where my money would go ;-)

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

It's like a nursery on here at the moment.

The Panigale is expensive, it is exclusive, and the parts for it come at a premium. No one is claiming it is good value.

I can't justify spending that kind of money on a bike, but neither would I spend £13k on a new 'Blade or S1000. Every market has luxury brands and value brands, and if the Panigale took a load of short cuts, used less cutting edge materials etc it would undermine the product.

If you can afford or justify a Panigale, good on you, and I hope you enjoy it. If like me you'd rather build a GSXR750 flat tracker with nobblies just for the crack, then fair play too. All this in fighting on MCN is just lame, why not just ride your bike and enjoy it? At the end of the day, as bikers we are a minority, we are actively legislated against, scorned and maligned by other motorists, and frequently the unfortunate victims of other peoples failings.. How about we stick together for a change?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

@cdlacey - spot on! Not all of us can afford exotica like this, but whatever we ride, do we not all receive the same adverse publicity, government interventions, Brussels idiotic legislation - so it goes on. We each like different things, but the common factor is - WE ALL OVE OUR BIKES. How about some unity, might make a nice change.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Sorry, missed the L off "love". Ooooerrrr.........

Reply to this Topic
Santoshbrayford

Apr 12

Slick he like, he like a lot!

It's a wet Saturday morning and I'm reading the review of the 1199 Tricolore Mr Neeves has had the pleasure to test ride giving us insightful information regarding the performance, gadgets and what extras you could purchase to make a standard 1199 or S versions to benefit from these gains. We all know that Ducati's are a 'premium' brand and typically you spend 5 to 7k more than a Jap bike to be able to purchase one of these Italian thoroughbreds. So why excatly are we all suprised to learn that the end cans are £1400. My 1098R exhausts were £2500 - My Akrapovics for my R1 and RSV4 Factory were almost £2,000 so it's not really a surprise that it's £1400 is it really. Complaining something is to expensive is like being in a pub and saying "wow look at that girl she's amazing" and never going over to talk to her. Everything is in reach, you just have to ask yourself how much do you want it. If you are happy with what you have got then I respect that, if you strive to own a bike like this then either save your pennies or shut up complaining about the price of this bike. Ducati have put there prices up for two reasons - one it makes it desirable and two then don't want everyone riding around on them becuase it devalues the brand and the brand perception. If you wait 3 years then these bikes will be 10k with all the extra bits on them and you can all get one. Until then you will have to watch me and Slick waving at you while you drive your wife and 2.1 childen around in your Espace (whatever that is)

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Nah - still not a fan. I'll leave this one for those with points to prove. ;-)

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

ducaudi !!!!!

christ there is some ducati worshipping numpies on this site

as i have stated on my threads ducati ownership are for mugs and muppets which sums up most people who ride them

they have always made shit road bike and the pani will be no diffrent

its so good that ducati wont even race their flagship bike this year 

motogp has proved one thing they are incapable of producing a decent bike 

wsb has proved they cant win unless they get rules in their favour  

i reckon this bike will prove to be the least successful ducati ever

the best advice i can give any rider " if it aint jap it ain worth owning " save your money and buy the latest 10r

me i will continue to laugh as i do every year along with all my mates that see ducati S, R owners turning up at the cafes thinking there a cut above

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

gixercarl

What a ridiculous statement devoid of any truth. Ducati make great, if somewhat overpriced top end sports bikes. And you cant stereotype all Ducati owners as being aloof and stuck up like that as it's simply not the case.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Why do people say it's overpriced?  When you think about everything that has gone into this bike and what it cost to engineer it, produce it and market, you realize that the price is deserved. 

I engineer high tech items for a living.  There's a lot more than simply making a drawing and handing it to a machine shop.  You have to reasearch, theorize, design and refine concurrently with every other new part, select materials, analyze, refine some more, make prints, define processes, source competent vendors and keep them honest (feckin' Chinese vendors we're forced to use by corporate suits), test first issue prototypes, refine the design some more, do it all again, put the bike together, test it, refine the systems, dial it in, decide if it's worthy, then you decide to start producing it.  I'm not even going to get into all the other office based stuff from purchasing to accounting, marketing, warehousing and such.  Then an industrial engineer has to set up the shop so the product can be cranked out, tested and crated for shipping.  Then there's the cost of the premises where the product is built and all it's associated costs to keep the doors open and employee costs.

They built something that's nearly as advanced as any factory MotoGP bike on the grid.  Actually moreso because the rules prohibit much of the technology that's on this bike.  This is leaps and bounds better than the Desmodecci that came before it.

So, is it really that expesive still?

If you can't afford it, don't blame Ducati.  But I think that for what you get, it's a steal.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Gixercarl, when you see a Ducati rider arriving at "the cafes" how do you know what they`re thinking?

I mean....we could all be thinking "blimey I wish I had a Suzuki Gsxr" as we are parking up our pride n joys. 

Meanwhile back on planet earth.........

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices