Skip to content

Discuss This Assen WSB: Sykes takes third pole in a row World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Assen WSB: Sykes takes third pole in a row

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen WSB: Sykes takes third pole in a row

Brit Tom Sykes has made it three pole positions from three, setting the fastest time in tricky conditions during superpole at Assen today. Superpole was run under wet conditions, meaning there were only two sessions instead of the usual three. Only the top eight riders went through to superpole 2. The second session was almost completely dry, allowing Sykes to set the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 April 2012 15:53)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

Briliant Greener year

It may be a decent year for Kawasaki and Sykes but they need to figure out the tyre degradation during the race so in second part Tom'll be able to defend his position (or to be constantly offensive:)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Nice one Tom

A great performance in changeable conditions on a Ducati/Honda track. Watching him wring the ZX-10's neck is a great spectacle. It seems Kawasaki have finally produced a superbike of ZXR750 quality for modern times too. If they can stop it chewing tyres and lasting the distance then Sykes is in for a good season. I hope so coz he seems like a top fella. And green makes a pleasant change.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Paul Bird who?

Reply to this Topic
636darren

Apr 12

636darren says:

green revival.

the zxr750 was a great bike but my 636 runs rings around my old 750,  its' a long time overdue for a proper kawasaki winning machine. go on tom.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Ivebeenthehero

That would be the Paul Bird who dipped into his own pocket and kept Tom in the Kawasaki team because Kawasaki weren't interested in keeping him (Tom) and only wanted Chris V and Joan Lascorz for 2011.

Reply to this Topic
donutninja

Sep 07

donutninja says:

It's great to see Team Green back in the thick of things. I'd have loved to see a Sykes/Haga duo this year!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

DoomedDog

That's absolutely right. Kawasaki did not want Sykes. They have Bird to thank for retaining him.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Credit where it's due.......

........ He doesn't look like Barry Sheene or Ewan Macgregor....... he slips on his leathers and helmet and turns into a very capable and talent motorcycle racer...... he is giving Kawasaki a heap load of very creditable, worthwhile exposure any factory should be glad of to take to the market place....... Kawasaki, be real gentlemen and step-up.... back date those superpole bonuses and pat the man on the back........

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

And he's not just fast in qualifying. I must admit to being surprised by his performance this year, surprised but very pleased. Go Tom.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Kawasaki will provide the shock me thinks they have made big strides which is good to see.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices