Skip to content

Discuss This Assen WSB: Lanzi takes maiden supersport win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Assen WSB: Lanzi takes maiden supersport win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Assen WSB: Lanzi takes maiden supersport win

Former factory Ducati WSB rider Lorenzo Lanzi has taken his first supersport win for the Prorace Honda team in wet conditions at Assen today. Despite starting on the front row, Lanzi got a poor start and had to patiently make his way through the mid pack before he got the chance to take the lead. Pole setter Sam Lowes got the holeshot and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 April 2012 13:55)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlTait

Apr 12

AlTait says:

Stuart Voskamp

Well done #77 Stuart Voskamp, wildcard rider from Holland placed 10th.  Originally from the Scottish Highlands.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Sam is such a likeable character but he should be wiping the floor with these muppets! Only others in the class I rate at all are Sofu (even then only on bendable middleweights) and the quiet and charismatic Lanzi. WSS is pretty sad considering the money ploughed into the machines. I say put the SSK 1000's on between races 1 and 2. The racing is exciting and there are a few less Italians this season. I used to call it the Italian SSK 1000 championship... LOL. C'mon Sam if you don't win or come a close second in this season get the hell out of there or you will get left behind by the head hunters.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

It was an awesome ride by Lanzi, and just for the record it wasn't his first ride in supersport, in 2004 he rode a ducati 750, finishing 5th in the championship - no podiums.

He qualified 21st on the grid and in dry conditions was 2.5 seconds off the quicker guys. In free practice 2 in the wet he was the quickest rider, slightly quicker than Lowes but almost 2 seconds a lap quicker than 2, 3 and 4th finishing riders. In actual fact he got a great start in the race, making up 14 places after lap 1 rather than as written up here.

Reply to this Topic
maazzz1

Aug 10

maazzz1 says:

After much negotiating, aparently Salom has knocked back the ride and will stay with Pedercini not wanting to leave the team in the lurch last minute. Tough call by the kid not to take up an official ride with Kawasaki, but according to the article I read he felt like he gave a commitment to Pedercini and wanted to stick to it and repay the faith as he was originally given his first chance a few seasons ago by Pedercini when he and Scassa rode for the team and then when it looked like he couldn't get another ride for 2012 after being left hanging by motocard when they moved up to superbike, and then overlooked again when the new official Kawasaki supersport team prefered Kenan Sofouglu and a young Lanusse.

I say good luck to him and good see that there is still loyalty and commitment at that level on both sides. He has won my support

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices