Skip to content

Discuss This Assen WSB: Rea takes first win of 2012 World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Assen WSB: Rea takes first win of 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen WSB: Rea takes first win of 2012

Ten Kate Honda rider Jonathan Rea has taken his first race win of 2012 in drying conditions during the second superbike race at Assen. The drying conditions meant tyre choice would be critical, with Rea opting for hard slick tyres, which improved towards the end of the race enabling Rea to push through to the front. Effenbert Liberty Ducati rider Jakub Smrz...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 April 2012 15:50)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

OK Jollyboy

Lets say it was an argument , you lost , would that be a fluent definition of the "argument"?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Allround great weekend's racing!

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

Rossi

Does anyone else see Rossi on a Ducati WSB next season, or even an Aprilia if Max doesnt win the title and gets the boot?

I don't think rossi can get a competitive ride now in Moto Gp and could easily win WSB in his second year. I think the racing in WSB is better but they are all quite raw and can loose or gain 5 bike lengths in a lap.

The difference with Moto GP and WSB riders is corner speed, but then there are prob only 5 maybe 6 GP riders who are clearly better than WSB riders. the GP riders who have won SBK Biaggi, Checa in recent years both were in the top 5 on regular basis, not runing at the back of the field. And Checa always said he preferre big 4 strokes to 2 strokes.

Put Melandri on the Aprilia and he would be a major contendor he won 5 moto gp races.

Scott Redding should be on the radar of BMW i think, and Camier should go back to BSB he found his level, great rider but not quite there.

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

Rossi will be a good option for Ducati Althea or even the return of the official Superbike Ducati Team with new 1199 Panigale.

I agree with Bolts83 Rossi next year will not a competitive bike in Motogp,so I think the best option is the WSBK that is a very competitive championship,so much better than Motogp.

Melandri don't need to go to Aprilia to be a major contendor,I think him in the S1000RR is already a big contender.

Leon Camier there's no doubt that he has not level to be on WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

Camier and co

I agree Camier is a good rider but he took a backward step going to Suzuki, if he could get on an Effenbert Ducati he will have a better chance. That seems to be the level  of team he is at.

Or even partner/replace sykes at Kawasaki if he moves to a better team. Riding the wheels off that Kwak and deserves more.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices