General forum/ General

You are in... Forums > General > General > forum/

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mercymercyred

Jan 10

forum/

This is the general forum I think and its a general opinion so is it that bad I am expressing an opinion on it? We are all part of the biking community buying/selling , nodding, riding etc so I like to know how other fellow bikers think about our lifestyle, not a selfish one only concerned with my own biking. Anyhow i still think there are a lot of bikes around that are more garage ornaments that modes of great transport.More bikes on the road thats what I am trying to say we only make up a paltry 1% of vehicles on the road thats pretty rubbish I think.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 April 2012 12:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Opinions

Nope, no problem with you voicing an opionion.  

Some bikes are little more than garage ornaments.  Perhaps in some cases guys don't get the time or opportunity to ride them as much as they would like to.  In my early days of riding it was my only form of transport - even though I had a car license also.  But in those days it was the same for most of us - bikes were transport as well as a hobby / passion.  A motorcycle may no longer be my primary means of transport but that does not mean that my love of riding has diminished. 

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Opinions are fine

But try not to come across as a troll.

I've owned a few garage ornaments in my time, and projects I've bought, never started and sold on. I earn my money so I'll spend it anyway I want. Just because people of garage ornaments doesn't mean they don't ride. I reckon Black Shadow must have close to 50 garage ornaments, but still rides more miles than most.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Mercy me...................

Hi Mercy boy, please don't take offence if the response you get on a public forum isn't what you hoped for / expected!

My earlier response was typed after I had typed a long response to a previous post of yours where you stated quite forcefully that you hadn't riden a BMW GS, but that they are too big.  Now I ride 3 GS's, a 1000cc airhead, an 1100 and a 1200, and between the three have done over 150 thousand miles.  I don't think the GS is too big, and resent you putting out statements like that which will guide others when they come to buy their next bike.

It is an urban myth that the GS is too big, spread by a lot of instant experts who have never riden one, but like to spout off and share their opinion (not fact).

Unfortunately the site failed to post my reply and by the time I left you a response on your post I wasn't in the mood to explain in detail.

For what it's worth I admire the fact that you are trying to put a few miles in.  I average about 50k miles a year on a selection of bikes including big trailies, tourers, sport tourers, classics, trail bikes and sidecar outfits, and doing everything from green laning to touring to commuting to family shopping trips.

Perhaps you would be better to argue points which you have some knowledge of, rather than tell people that the BMW GS is too big (and anyone who doesn't agree with you is so caught up in brand loyalty that they can't take criticism).

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Anonymous !!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you hadn't guessed, the reply above was from me, 52 Black Shadow.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Steve B....................

Tanks for the vote of confidence mate.

Ride safe,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Oh Dear

mercymercyred says: 

This is the general forum I think and its a general opinion so is it that bad I am expressing an opinion on it?

You can express any opinion you like on anything - however, don't be too suprised if other people express different opinions to yours. :blink:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

he he

can't beat a bit of anonymity

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

he he.....

......can't beat a bit of anonymity

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

nowt wrong

with having a garage ornament or three,ive got three of them but they all do respectable mileages each year.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

LISTEN 2 ME

PART O THE ENJOYMENT IS THE  OWNERSHIP

I LIKE TO SEXUALY PLAY WITH MY PIPE:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale