Skip to content

Discuss This Supermotos - impractical? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Supermotos - impractical?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

sliabhrossa

Apr 12

sliabhrossa says:

Supermotos - impractical?

I disagree with the continuous comments I read in MCN of supermotos being impractical. I live in the real world with a real budget, I have a Honda XR650R supermoto with USD forks and yokes from a CRF, she has an akrapovic full exhaust and a nice Mikuni carb, wavy discs and a few other bits. I spent about €3000 on her. I live...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 April 2012 17:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cemartins

Apr 12

cemartins says:

Good Article

I like your article. I always wondered about the usability of those bikes and at the same time always been intrigued by how fun they must be to ride! I suppose in the end it all boils down to what you want from a bike - pure fun, pure show off, etc. I myself ride a F800ST. downgraded from a second hand R1100RS which I use for everything - daily commute and fun tours with mates. I chose BMW because those engines can take anything and still survive. Plus the F800 is damn cheap to run. I sure would like to experiment with one of those cool supermotos one day. Maybe, if I have the balls for that in 4 years time, I'll trade mine for one of those :) Chers

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nice write-up & I'd love one... but for the traditional seat & tiny tanks... I'd be filling up every day which to me isn't practical.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

hohohoho

Anyone who says supermotos are impractical has niver ridden one!

Reply to this Topic
sliabhrossa

Apr 12

sliabhrossa says:

Seat

Hi Hedgehog, thanks for the reply, as I said above I have a softer seat but I didnt mention I have a clarke 16 litre tank which gives me a range of about 250km, both were easy mods and improve the bike greatly. But my arguement was for the actual diversity of supermotos, being able to use them in a whole manner of situations an terrain.

Rossa

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices