Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Pityke

Apr 12

Pityke says:

DAS

Hi All,

I have already done with my CBT. :biggrin: I am thinking to do DAS. Can someone tell me about the price of course and what kind of learning material I must to buy?

Thanks for your help!:smile

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 April 2012 20:32)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Englishman

Oct 11

Englishman says:

DAS

Mine cost £700 for four days, ending in the Mods 1 and 2 in the morning and afternoon. I cocked up the Mod 1 so had to do 2 more sessions to retake and pass it then pass the mod 2. Cost another £150 for that little foot down on the slalom.

Have you done your theory test, because you need that first. That's about £30 I think. Other than that, there's nothing you need to buy for DAS other than gear which will commit you to doing it and passing!

For the theory test, I bought a brilliant 99p app that had all the practice questions on it, the highway code and mock tests using random questions. I also bought the associated hazard perception app which had clips and you tapped the screen much like in the real thing. Passed theory with flying colours and took about 10mins. Then you're good to go and pass Direct Access. Then the fun REALLY begins.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Das

Pretty much as the Englishman says ! I didn't do the weeks course just spaced it out over a month to help digest it all, don't think the weeks course would have suited me. Spent around £650-£700 start to finish , CBT,theory,lessons,mod 1 and 2. I also bought the dvla motorcycle theory test book off amazon and although the questions are easy felt confident after just going through the book once, book was around £7 and also bought a Cd for the pc that was a mock hazard perception test which helped greatly as the hazards are easy to spot but like most things in life it's all about timing! 

Reply to this Topic
marnold17

Apr 12

marnold17 says:

das

hi the first thing is to do your theory test, dvla do a cd rom with test questions and hazard perception on it too. a good riding school should have these available to purchase. iam in the middle of doing my das at the moment, i found the theory test ok really. try to find a riding school with their OWN practise facility not one rented from the test centre as you will only have limited time to practise the manouvers, if they have their own practise area you can practise till your forearms burn from feathering the clutch lol.

i passed my mod 1 last thursday in the pissing down of rain, 1 minor for a little too slow on the swerve test. also a bike with abs may make you more confident. the test centre in enfield is grippy even when wet. the practise area i used was smaller and more slippy than the test centre but this was good as if it can be done in a smaller area it gives you more time with the nerves to do it at the test centre. the swerve is not as dangerous as you may hear, there is however an easier way of doing it which your instructor should show you.

you tube has plenty of videos on mod 1 tests to let you know what your letting yourself in for.you should find it easier to make speed on a 500 ish bike than a 125, but if your doing the 20mph through the top bend making the extra 12 mph shouldnt be a problem. one tip for the test is to just take each manoever at a time and a deep breath before shoulder checks and take off. nerves got a hold of me kept thinking i was going to put a foot down, but if you take your time and keep your head up especially on the slow stuff it should be a breeze. the u turn is also nice and flat at the test centre so if you get the opportunity to practise uphill or on camber then it should be a breeze.

the mod 2 is just a 30 min (i think) road ride, you will have to follow some road signs, and keep an eye out for particular traps the instructors will lead you to, but once again your instructor shoud make you aware of these before the test on the practise runs.

i paid £570 for a 3 day course with bike hire, £30 insurance excess. and just turn up to learn. find a school your comfortable with who have all the right facilities and enjoy the experience. my das course is with onestopinstruction, great guys. got mod 2 this friday morning, fingers crossed.

hope this helps and good luck.  :smile 

Reply to this Topic
Whitechapel

Apr 12

Whitechapel says:

DAS

I paid about £450 for 2 days training and the tests. The tests were spaced about 2 weeks apart.

As already said, the app in the app store for the motorbike theory test did really help. Brush up on the questions about trams, because they slipped about 3 or 4 in my theory.

Good luck!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Mod 2

Mod 2 is a minimum 40 minute road ride, The area that you don't in will have approx three well known routes to the examiner, as your instructor what they maybe and drive them or google earth them to help spots hazards hidden junctions etc. I knew the three routes our examiner would use and on the way to the test centre I passed one of the other pupils being followed by the examiner on a particular route, on hearing the examiner wasn't a local I was confident he would use the same route all day so kinda knew where I was going before the test! And that's how it worked out and the rest is history !  Best bet is to think of him as a sat nav that your listening too but he will also give you an independent road test where he will ask you to make your way to say the next village and it's up to you to navigate there but you can't fail for taking a wrong turn just if you break a rule of the road!

Reply to this Topic
macca59

Apr 10

macca59 says:

DAS

My wife a few week's ago passed her CBT, this morning, she passed her theory and hazzard persception, now looking at DAS with a local riding school. Been quoted £590 for course and test.

Reply to this Topic
macca59

Apr 10

macca59 says:

Mod 1

My wife has now passed her Mod 1 part of her bike test. Chuffed to bit' the pair of us, just waiting now for Mod 2 then she can get on her next bike, Yamaha Divvy 600.

Reply to this Topic
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

Cost me about £550

but was not an intensive course as said get your theory done as you cant book your test till you have passed it and theres nothing worse than being unable to book your test when your ready for it. Just but one of them learning cds for your hazard perception

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices