Skip to content

Ask an Expert Waterproof your car sat nav on your bike for 49p Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Waterproof your car sat nav on your bike for 49p

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

barksy

Oct 10

barksy says:

Waterproof your car sat nav on your bike for 49p

Well...got to laugh!..bought a clear plastic pencil case from tesco and put the sat nav inside it ...then thought if I cut a hole in the side and pull the bracket and holder apart I can completely waterproof the sat nav, easily take it off the bike and keep it safe when I leave it...all for 49p!...why spend £2-300 on a waterproof bike satnav when you can use your £50 one just the same....were are not all made of money after all!...are we...:laugh:

The elastic band is just there to hold it on to the bracket it sits on (inside the bag)...great isn't it!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. satnav  
  2. satnav  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 April 2012 20:56)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

proof

Well done.:smile

(Sorry we could not add your comment) AGAIN.

Reply to this Topic
m1ks

Apr 09

m1ks says:

Bugger, shame I didn't see this before buying the waterproof compact camera bag I bought for this very reason:wacko:
Nearly £6 it was too, never even occurred to me to think of something like that.

Don't get me wrong, the case is pretty flash, triple press seal and velcro and apparently you can stick it under water but......

Reply to this Topic
Sameasy

May 12

Sameasy says:

waterproof bag

Wow!! that is brilliant..:smile

Did you know you can have a earphone socket installed in car sat navs now so you can listen to it on the bike??

If your interested let me know!

Reply to this Topic
barksy

Oct 10

barksy says:

earphone socket

You too have a good idea, but I find I can hear the sat nav ok at lower speeds ( it now sits neatly within a nice new MRA screen which amplifies it and directs the sound straight at you ) and when at high speed I just rely on seeing the display for instructions...anyway I would sooner listen to music than the geezer constantly  giving me instructions...Both a bad idea really..you need your wits about you when at high speed music and satnavs would be too distracting I think...come to think of it a constantly chattering partner would also...I like my peace!:smile

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Instruments

You're still fooked if you don't have a windscreen.  Also if the car suction part is as crap as my one it'll be flying off the bike after a couple of heafty jolts.  Also can you actually see how fast you're going with that in the way of the instruments?  Nice bodge job though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices